Project TLC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Splatmaster527

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after well over 200,000 Miles and 9 brutally salty and wet Ohio winters my girl has started to show her age. Loose steering, some rust, electrical gremlins here and there, Rust, loose ball joints, RUST, and a bit more RUST!!
So yesterday I decided it was time to bight the bullet and do some much needed work on the underside.
Whats the best way to work on the underside of a truck? Make the underside the top side of course!!!

So after a bunch of bolts, some hoses, a few wires, a handful of cables, a couple of hi-lift jacks, a few trips to Lowes for more cinder blocks and some hairy moments of sketchy support systems. I ended up with this!!

i-DsRSNFr-L.jpg

So for all of you who think you need a lift and a ton of equipment to do a job like this quickly... Sorry but you are wrong.
I think the whole job probably used maybe 4 wrenches a flathead screwdriver, and a pair of needle nose.

OP
OP
S

Splatmaster527

Full Access Member
Reaction score
great start....just it begs the question....is this all worth it?

I guess for me keeping the truck is more of a sentimental thing so keeping this one in the best of shape while I can is certainly worth it to me. Not to mention, being in college I am not exactly looking to go buy a new truck any time soon.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after well over 200,000 Miles and 9 brutally salty and wet Ohio winters my girl has started to show her age. Loose steering, some rust, electrical gremlins here and there, Rust, loose ball joints, RUST, and a bit more RUST!!
So yesterday I decided it was time to bight the bullet and do some much needed work on the underside.
Whats the best way to work on the underside of a truck? Make the underside the top side of course!!!

So after a bunch of bolts, some hoses, a few wires, a handful of cables, a couple of hi-lift jacks, a few trips to Lowes for more cinder blocks and some hairy moments of sketchy support systems. I ended up with this!!

i-DsRSNFr-L.jpg

So for all of you who think you need a lift and a ton of equipment to do a job like this quickly... Sorry but you are wrong.
I think the whole job probably used maybe 4 wrenches a flathead screwdriver, and a pair of needle nose.

NOT digging your VERY unsafe "sketchy support systems"

DO NOT GET KILLED!

OP
OP
S

Splatmaster527

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sketchyness was when I was jacking it up... its solid as a rock now!
And anyway most of the work is on the frame. I wont be spending much time under the body while its up on the beams. And if I do ill have blocks next to me so if it did happen to fall I wont get crushed.

aldrichg9

Reaction score
Meh...
Looks better than some of the super-sketch stuff I've done.

Good luck bro!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA