Project Darkside : 2000 Burban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
darth_burban

darth_burban

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Updated pics since the black out and the updated tires

bH0lt5.jpg

RLZxPS.jpg

OP
OP
darth_burban

darth_burban

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tragedy broke out last weekend... Figured I'd post about that little hiccup.

Was taking my truck for the weekend to the coast, left about 5pm with a full tank, drove 3 hours to Eugene and got there about 830, then truck died. After a little troubleshooting found the fuel pump to be the issue. Parts store closed at 9 so I made it quick and got me a fuel pump, jack, and a 15mm socket, ratchet, extension and hoped for be best.

I pulled the old one out and found it to be broken and had been floating in the tank (found my erratic fuel gauge issue) and unplugged the pump itself.

p3fSCu5Cj

p1qiDSYrj

p828vIV5j

The new one went in pretty easily except for the lock ring. Left Eugene at 4am headed to the hotel. Arrived there at 5am and crashed. The next day we drove we coast and had fun and made the most out of our weekend

hlYdnnp0j

That's up Cape Perpetua lookout

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay im originally from the pacific NW and ive been up and down the oregon coast many times just curious but were is that in reference to cannon beach

OP
OP
darth_burban

darth_burban

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So the outside of the Suburban is only 1/2 of the work. Most of it is the interior. The previous owner(s) didn't take care of it at all, but rather destroyed it, then patched it or covered it up. Without further ado, the damage...

Missing pocket for the Jack cover...

2 missing lock position knobs

Missing rear door reflector

Missing buttons for the console, that doesn't work

Destroyed passenger visor, missing rear air switches

...And on top of all of that... the seats are all destroyed, carpet is stained, the seat memory doesn't work, mirror direction doesn't work, and both driver side doors don't lock/unlock.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mich2024

Latest posts