Prograde Trailering System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ytechie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm finding it really difficult to find information on the "Prograde trailering system". There are numerous YouTube videos showing off how amazing it is, but I can't seem to find anyone that actually has used it or knows the details about it's operation (especially in how it's different in the Yukon). My window sticker lists it, but the manual has virtually zero details.

I was extremely disappointed when I hooked up a trailer and only a fraction of the features are available.

My questions:
* For the "transparent trailer" view, can it show that on the rearview mirror, or does that mirror just become useless while towing?
* There are numerous videos showing off the usage of the side cameras to see down the sides of the trailer *while turning* so that you can turn or change lanes with confidence. How do you enable that?
* They also advertise that you can keep the side views on while driving. I can't turn them on at all while driving, much less keep them on full-time.

Has anyone ever seen a unicorn that has used the system?

Is there a separate manual somewhere?

OP
OP
Y

ytechie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I see this got moved to "Interior". That seems a bit odd.

I'm still shocked nobody has used any of these features that GM loves to promote.

Dogged

Reaction score
I have read the manual cover to cover. Sorry, but I think we got screwed on the transparent trailer option, which is just baffling. There are actual plugs at the harness the supplemental cameras go into with the trucks. We don't have those plugs. I suspect some of those extra camera views are from the trucks not ours. GM really dropped the ball on this and I really don't understand why. The system is basically transplanted from the new trucks into ours.

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The transparent trailer feature does not exist on the tahoe/yukon as far as I know. You only get a hitch view camera angle.

OP
OP
Y

ytechie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh man. That’s disappointing if true. It’s a marketing failure on GM’s part since all the articles say it’s part of “prograde trailering”. I totally thought it was included.

OP
OP
Y

ytechie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just looked at the Sierra manual, and sure enough, that’s where they talk about the transparent trailer. It’s not in our manual as you all mentioned.
That’s so disappointing.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The transparent trailer feature does not exist on the tahoe/yukon as far as I know. You only get a hitch view camera angle.

Oh man. That’s disappointing if true. It’s a marketing failure on GM’s part since all the articles say it’s part of “prograde trailering”. I totally thought it was included.

Campingfamco

Reaction score
I’m wondering about these features as well. I just saw a video from the Escalade that when you add a trailer there is an option to add a camera as well. I’m not sure if these are wireless or corded cameras. I’m also curious if you turn on your blinker of the side your flashing on turns on that camera for better visibility.

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m wondering about these features as well. I just saw a video from the Escalade that when you add a trailer there is an option to add a camera as well. I’m not sure if these are wireless or corded cameras. I’m also curious if you turn on your blinker of the side your flashing on turns on that camera for better visibility.
They are hard wired and based on the below thread I believe the consensus is that the tahoe and yukon do not have the receptacles by the trailer hitch and therfore are not compatible with the camera accessory

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/trailering-camera-gm-part-84946379.124076/unread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgia 4Low

Latest posts