Pricing a 2007 3/4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does 20 grand sound right for a 2007 3/4 ton gasser with 111k miles? Im assuming a vehicle of this age will need at least 2k in parts right out the gate. Thanks!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It depends where but that seems a little high compared with the last time I looked on AutoTrader. Those had the 4-speed still. Summer is slow time for auto sales and being August, that truck is now 12+ years old. How's the undercarriage and maintenance records? How well optioned is it?

OP
OP
Matahoe

Matahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only well appointed vehicles around here seem to be Sierra Denali and Ford King Ranch pickups. Most of the 3/4 ton around here are basic with high miles over 250k.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious, I fired up old Auto Trader and see that many 2011-2013 with under 100K are in the $26-28K asking price range. Some quite a bit more too. Those between 100-150k are between $18-23K. So currently, that price doesn't seem out of line. Did you see that lifted one with the crash bar out of Maryland for $23k?

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's in good shape that sounds about right. I had a hell of a time finding a low mileage late model year for a good price and was searching nation wide.

If it's been well maintained 100k isn't a big deal for the 2500s, and it shouldn't need much in the way of repairs. If the brakes and tires are good and front suspension/steering is solid, you'll likely be good with some fresh fluids.

Though it may be worth it to hold out for a 2008+ to get the 6L90E trans.

Sangster

Reaction score
Are you talking about the Suburban 2500/Yukon XL 2500 or just in general 3/4 ton trucks with gas motors? Cause you mentioned Ford and Sierra, but we're in a Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon forum. Some clarification could help drive the discussion better.

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy Crap! 20K?!

I paid 7800 for my 2500 burb with 140k miles, private party in Chicago

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You stole it! But it did come from the war zone, any red stains or little round holes patched up? hehehe

I'm not gonna say it was stolen....but I'm not gonna say it wasn't stolen.

In all actuality, I bought it from a decent enough guy....it was pretty rough when I got it. He claimed it was no rust, and it had some minor non mechanical issues that took time and money to correct. I think had he put 1500 bucks into it, he could have easily gotten 13-14k from it. I see lots of dealers selling them for 15-17k for under 150k miles.

Funniest part of it all is that I rode my goldwing up there to pick it up, and then trailered it home. While I was out running to uhaul to get the trailer, I noticed that gas was 3.99/gal. And I was in a 10 mpg suburban. I hooked up and boogied for the indiana border. I got past merrilville and had like 60 miles DTE and stopped for fuel, and it was about 2.80 a gallon. I did NOT want to pay chicago gas prices. Yeesh.