Prices changed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My extended living facility, Hell's Gardens would love to get their fingers on that $96,879.00. It could be the difference between them and living over the Corner Bar & Grill so I'm placing my order next week.

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a update. I received my price protection check in the mail yesterday. Mind you it wasn't for the MSRP difference as I can get FF discount.
Thanks for the info. So did dealer have to do anything special to request this reimbursement, like did he have to apply for it formally? Or did you simply order your vehicle as "Retail Sold" and it automatically took place? Thanks for answering a second question I had...if I am paying Supplier pricing then it looks like you only get the Supplier price increase, not the full MSRP difference...makes sense.

OP
OP
M

Matz

Reaction score
I asked about it before it was built. Was told dealership would write a check after the delivery . What they did I can't answer. It was retail sold. Several people in my family worked for GM so the employee discount.

Tinbadtin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my dealer played dumb and I had no choice but pay tbe almost 2k more because of MSRP increase between December when ordered and it arriving last week (or walk away from it). They showed me some paper where it says price protection doesn’t apply on vehicles ordered before 6/23/2022… who knows if it’s even real.

Is there any way the dealer can profit from this situation or do I have any recourse ? (I assume not since everything is signed)

OP
OP
M

Matz

Reaction score
That was the point of price protection. I ordered on Jan 31 2022. Profit for them if you don't pursue it. Good luck.

rdgarland

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered my Yukon XL in February. It is set to be delivered on Wednesday. I waned to get out ahead of this price protection thing since my order is a retail sold order So called up GMC customer care and explained my situation. My price has gone up by 1875. She transferred me to marketing support and after an hour on t he phone with GMC I finally got someone in Marketing Support to tell me that based on the date that I ordered and that it was a retail sold order I was entitled to price protection. She could not put this in an email but the dealer needed to fill out paperwork to get this money and he should have the paperwork. She did not know if I get a check after the closing or if they would adjust the price when I got there to pick up the car. I am hoping when I speak with the dealer tomorrow I will have more answers. Here are the phone numbers for anyone who wants to call . Customer care 1800-462-8782 and marketing support 1800-862-4389.

Capsaicin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bringing this back...for those of you that were able to take advantage of price protection, how exactly did that work? Did you pay the increased price at time of delivery and then GM sent you a check some time later?

My dealer seems like he knows nothing about how this works but I know some of you guys have experienced it..
I bought my initial build PDF (with old price), and a number of articles talking about price increases and price protection. My dealer reduced my OTD price by the amount of the price increase. You should not sign anything or leave w/ your vehicle until you get price protection. They should know about it.

Garth Knight

Reaction score
I bought my initial build PDF (with old price), and a number of articles talking about price increases and price protection. My dealer reduced my OTD price by the amount of the price increase. You should not sign anything or leave w/ your vehicle until you get price protection. They should know about it.
I'm hearing from my dealer that this doesn't apply to orders that were for retail stock. My Tahoe was a retail stock order that just happened to have everything I wanted. I placed the deposit in early May, was built on 6/15. After sitting in Midlothian for almost a month I'm about to take delivery this week I'm hoping. It's sitting in Tampa waiting on the dealer to have transport pick it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan