Prices changed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy2876

Reaction score
In waiting for Chevy chat this morning , I went back to my build for a Tahoe LT. The base price went up $1500. I wonder if I'll get stuck with that? My order is at 3000 as of last week.
I ordered my Tahoe Premiere in November, still at 1100. I think I'm going to cancel and get my deposit back.

JeffTahoe

Reaction score
Just confirmed with my sales person, all sold orders are price protected. So the Tahoe and Yukon I have on order is not affected by this increase. The Tahoe has s TPW but the Yukon does not and is not officially accepted by GM yet. So that one might be up in the air.

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just confirmed with my sales person, all sold orders are price protected. So the Tahoe and Yukon I have on order is not affected by this increase. The Tahoe has s TPW but the Yukon does not and is not officially accepted by GM yet. So that one might be up in the air.
As far as I understood, the order, whether picked up or not was price protected, as long as it was entered as RETAIL-SOLD not RETAIL-STOCK. A bunch of people are gonna get stuck in the RETAIL-STOCK order due to their dealer's order process. What I don't know is whether or not that price protection holds for vehicles that get rolled to a 2023. I have to find that out this week

Mozess523

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was told when ordering my Z71 on may 9th that my MSRP price would be locked in. Still not sure if mine will be a 22 or 23 MY. I sign a purchase contract and put $1k down. Are we only seeing a $1500.00 increase?

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your MY22 gets accepted your build will be locked in price wise. IF it has to get changed to MY23 because it didnt get accepted, then you will need to re-order it as a MY23 and will have to accept the pricing hikes. Your place in line at your dealer should be the same if your dealer has multiole orders for tahoes waiting for allotments. This is info coming from my dealer when we had asked about the cutoff for the MY22 and changeover. Since we have an order in and pricing set and signed on that its set if we get as a MY22. Hope that clarifies that some.

OP
OP
M

Matz

Reaction score
I just saw a WS for a similar Tahoe LT going to my dealership and it shows the base price as $1500 more . I hope the sold units are indeed price protected . Mine was built Friday.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn’t see this in the link posted, but other sites are relaying that the dealer has one day to apply for price protection when the price increase is announced…..another obstacle.

here’s the text

”The production date, or build date, of the vehicle, must be on or after the effective date of the price increase. The dealer must submit the sold order to GM within one business day of the price increase. The vehicle must be delivered immediately to the customer who placed the order. That is, the name of the customer who ordered the vehicle must match the name of the customer who receives the vehicle.”

Myerj019

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We got caught up in this. Put our name on a stock order the day after it was accepted back in January. Car is arriving tomorrow and MSRP $2300 more. Build week was 5/16

JeffTahoe

Reaction score
One of the local dealers has told me that they could switch a retail order to a customer sold order. Switching the order should’ve locked in pricing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uuhh