Price increase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smokey_mountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am trying to understand if the price hike for 2022 or 2023-only models? $1600 ($1500 + $100) is nothing to sneeze at, I get it that in % to the total price it is not as noticeable, especially for folks buying $80,000 Tahoes, but my order was for bottom of the barrel LS and $1600 is very noticeable. From Autoblog article is says effective immediate, all prices went up even for previously placed orders.

Price Hike Across All Full-size SUVs

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is noticeable, and i would not be surprised if the 23's get a price hike when their pricing is set in next few days or so. I am also sitting on an ls with only blackout badging and driver alert package added as i dont need all the silly bells and whistles for an extra 25k.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am trying to understand if the price hike for 2022 or 2023-only models? $1600 ($1500 + $100) is nothing to sneeze at, I get it that in % to the total price it is not as noticeable, especially for folks buying $80,000 Tahoes, but my order was for bottom of the barrel LS and $1600 is very noticeable. From Autoblog article is says effective immediate, all prices went up even for previously placed orders.

Price Hike Across All Full-size SUVs

increase is for 2022's - allows GM to have another increase when the 2023s roll out

there was an increase back a couple months ago...our Z71 Tahoe went up almost $700 from Jan to April....been going on across the board on other brands - surprised that GM hasn't had more increases for the 2022 models...

Ordered a Ram 3500 back in December - that same truck is now $5k more if you order it today. Window sticker was $3k more when it was built in Feb

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen anything official as far as price protection goes - some say we as buyers should have it once the order is placed, some have said it goes into effect when the order is picked up by GM, and the third opinion is to just be grateful you have a vehicle to buy.

This will become a bigger issue as more buyers realize the increase.

There are some dealers (non-GM) that are specifically stating no price protection available and there is speculation that the dealers are actually applying for price protection and then not passing the savings on to the customers...sigh

JeffTahoe

Reaction score
GM authority had published an article from GM that says all retail sold orders even if they have not been built are locked in for the price they were sold at.

sschevelle4

Reaction score
I’m going to have to call my dealer back tomorrow…. I built and placed my order 1/15/22 and it was not accepted until today 5/31/22 mostly because of dealer allocations. the salesman gave me the same number he did in January, $70,315 for a 3.0L Premier w/sunroof. Which is now 72k+ if you build on Chevy.com. He did confirm that it will be a ‘22 and one of if not the last ‘22 they get. I’m not crazy about getting a car that’s a year old already but if it saves me 2 grand that’s ok.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m going to have to call my dealer back tomorrow…. I built and placed my order 1/15/22 and it was not accepted until today 5/31/22 mostly because of dealer allocations. the salesman gave me the same number he did in January, $70,315 for a 3.0L Premier w/sunroof. Which is now 72k+ if you build on Chevy.com. He did confirm that it will be a ‘22 and one of if not the last ‘22 they get. I’m not crazy about getting a car that’s a year old already but if it saves me 2 grand that’s ok.
At least yours is going to get built. I just want to order mine and get it built already. Its been nearly a month since we ordered it (didnt get a dealer allocation for a 22) and we will need to reorder it as a 23 and dont know when that will open up so im gonna get at least a 1600 increase in price just because of the 22s price hike in last 2 weeks plus another increase (unlikely they wont hike prices for new model year) when the 23s release. So i get double hosed. With likely a 3k price bump and nothing added to the vehicle as standard to show for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz