Pretty rad...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to a shop today and they'll strip and powder coat my wheels for $50/each. They recommended a paint shop that I could go to and color match the wheels to get a can to spray the plastic center caps.

I uploaded a current pic of my Tahoe, one Photoshopped with just the black wheels, and one with the black wheels and debadged/removed side mouldings.

I think it's going to look pretty killer. I'm going to do the CCM 2.5/1 leveling kit and trim or remove the front air dam.

What do you all think about the running boards? Should I leave them or remove them? I kinda like that they add a little extra contrast...

Obsviously, I've been inspired by InTruckDesign's ride....haha...

Attachments

• 1071.jpg
    1071.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 127
  • 1071-black.jpg
    1071-black.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 161
  • 1071-black debadged.jpg
    1071-black debadged.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 157

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks good, and beats buying a whole new set!

i would leave the side moldings, cause 1) looks better with them on and 2) inconsiderate people who park next to you and door ding you, easier to fix the moldings then the door!

i would leave the side steps, or maybe even get a set from a Z71, i have those (since i have the Z71) and removed the plastic that surrounded it, makes it look taller with the CCM! and since they are chrome im sure you could have them powdercoated as well...

OP
OP
2 E L O

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time deciding on the side moldings... I think it looks so much cleaner without them but like you said, door dings are probably going to be a problem.

Also, I forgot to photoshop in those pictures but I'm going to mount the tires the other direction so it's just a blackwall instead of the raised white lettering...

I'll probably just experiment with the side steps... They're easy enough to remove and reinstall so I'll just take them off and see how I like it for awhile...and how much my girl complains about climbing in and out of the truck. Haha... Might not be worth it!

My Bridgestone Duelers have about 20k miles on them but they look like they could last another 20k....Whenever they do need to replaced, I'm planning on going with the 295/65-18 Goodyear DuraTracs. They're killer looking and supposed to wear pretty well....but they're pricey! The other option is the Nitto TGs...

You have any pictures of your Z71, UofM?

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here are some pics, sorry ive been out of town

here are two with larger tires, wwo, and the plastic crap around the side steps
IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

before i took the plastic off
IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

Im probably going to get some new rims - dont know when! - but when these tires wear out or when i get bored, im going to get 20's black or black/chrome. we'll see what happens

Reaction score
remove the running boards looks cleaner and also the lip under the bumper remove that thats what i did and you should drop the back

my09denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would leave the running boards. The black on them goes good w/ the wheels and the grill.