Power tilt steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derek C

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2016 Yukon SLT. It has the power steering wheel tilt and telescope option. The tilt all of a sudden stopped working. Telescope in and out still works fine. All the fuses are good. Any ideas on what I can check before having to take it to a shop?

Roll On

Reaction score
Sounds like the electric motor quit on you.
With the amount of electrical stuff, I would take it to the dealership to get it fixed.

gator1130

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2016 Yukon SLT. It has the power steering wheel tilt and telescope option. The tilt all of a sudden stopped working. Telescope in and out still works fine. All the fuses are good. Any ideas on what I can check before having to take it to a shop?
I just had the exact same problem in my 2016 Tahoe. Did you find out what it was?

OP
OP
D

Derek C

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just had the exact same problem in my 2016 Tahoe. Did you find out what it was?
Have not fixed it yet. Just ordered a new motor for it. I'll post results after I get it changed.

sstauffer7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Get your results? Mine's doing the opposite - tilt is working, but the telescoping options doesn't.