Power Steering Loss - help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

2001 TX Tahoe

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I’ve the same problem in my 2016 Denali xl. The mechanic asked to replace the battery. I got it checked. It has to be replaced. However the problem didn’t go even after replacing it. After reading the posts, I’m assuming it is one of the cables.

Did you manage to get rid of it? I’ve observed that the message comes every time the battery voltage indicator going lower than 14v. The message appears and the power assist totally fails. Please let me know how you have fixed it and where could you on point the root cause.
Thanks alot,
Best regards,

The failure ended up being an electric module in the power steering rack. Told me typical fix is replacing the rack, but the rack was on back order so they replaced the module, but then it had a grinding noise afterward. Went back and at that point the rack was no longer on back order so they replaced the entire rack. I think the cost was a little over $3k. I can pull the invoice later if you need more info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10