Power Sliding Console Security

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArcherAve

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New ‘23 Denali here. Anyone find any good safe that works with the center power sliding console?

How secure do you think items in the drawer are when left parked/locked and console is forward? I’d love to see a YouTube video like they used to do showing someone try and break into it.

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally help you with your question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me will chime in.

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see how any so-called vault would squeeze in there, as anything taller than 1.5 inches will hit the latching mechanics that are inside the drawer.

I store emergency cash and a pistol in there and leave it in the forward position, only opening if I need either.

Slide button doesn't activate when car is off and locked and console doesn't have any give to it when I tugged on it from the rear.

OP
OP
A

ArcherAve

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't see how any so-called vault would squeeze in there, as anything taller than 1.5 inches will hit the latching mechanics that are inside the drawer.

I store emergency cash and a pistol in there and leave it in the forward position, only opening if I need either.

Slide button doesn't activate when car is off and locked and console doesn't have any give to it when I tugged on it from the rear.
Right, meant a safe for the top part.

I guess my question boils down to how long would it take for a determined soul with a pry bar to get into that drawer?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right, meant a safe for the top part.

I guess my question boils down to how long would it take for a determined soul with a pry bar to get into that drawer?
I see where you are coming from...but; it's a fairly high risk for a somewhat low reward for someone to attack it.
Logic:
While many may know there is a "secret" compartment there; anyone "going for it" wouldn't necessarily know if there was anything of value in there. So, you are Joe thief...you walking down the road and see a Denali...you gonnna break in (sounding the alarm) and then go after the console with a crow bar or something on the hope something valuable is in there? Or you gonna pass to the next ride where you can see something you know can be had for the risk?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Pro299

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Safe only works in the standard console. It's one of several reasons I limited ordering packages on my XL. I knew I wanted the safe and couldn't figure out any good use for a moving console that was less secure.