power seat wiring help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big95hoe

Reaction score
I got some power heated seats out of a 2006 gmc yukon Denali that was wrecked during one of my repos last night. I'm planning on putting them in my 95 tahoe but the interior was gutted before I got the tahoe and some "racing" seats were put in place of the factory seats (which I can no longer stand). My question is, does anyone know the colors of the wires in the tahoe and which do what and which plug goes to what or can post a wiring diagram so I can retro fit the denali seats without burning up any motors or switches or shorting anything out?

OP
OP
big95hoe

big95hoe

Reaction score
Update: got some better looking seats out of another wrecked repo 02 yukon denali maybe someone has done this swap and can tell me what they tapped into to get the heated part working

the heavy gauge orange is the primary power supply, black is ground. how many options or features you trying to hook up?

All functions if possible 6 way with lumbar and heat I might try to retro fit the door buttons for the heat from the 02 if I can get it to work

OP
OP
big95hoe

big95hoe

Reaction score
will need separate power feeds for the heaters.

You wouldn't happen to know which wires to hook up would you? I've been looking online and really couldn't find any diagram that helps me. If you need the colors I have or pictures just let me know. Thanks

OP
OP
big95hoe

big95hoe

Reaction score
I've got the seats installed and power functions working on both now

Driver:
Orange
orange
black
smaller wires:
Green with black stripe
Blue
brown
white
purple
Black with white stripe
orange

Passenger side:
orange
orange
black
Smaller blue with black stripe

The colors I have on the heat switches that go in the door are
driver side:
Orange with black stripe
blue
orange
purple
white
brown
brown with white stripe
black

Passenger:
Brown
brown with white stripe
blue
black

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-24-15-53-54.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-24-15-53-54.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_2014-07-24-15-53-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-24-15-53-47.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
There is a computer module that controls the heated seats.

Description and Operation:

Heated Seats System Components

The heated seats system for the driver and passenger seat consists of the following components:
• Heated seat switch
• Seat cushion heater element
• Seat back heater element
• Heated seat module
• Heated seat cushion thermistor
• PTC device
• SEO2 30A fuse
• IGN3 10A fuse
Heated Seats System Operation

Both the driver and passenger seats have 2 heating elements. One is in the seat cushion and the other is in the seat back. The heated seats are capable of obtaining temperatures of 98°F in LOW mode and 107°F in HIGH mode. Battery voltage is supplied to the heated seat module from the SEO2 30A fuse and through a PTC device. The PTC is hardwired in the battery voltage supply circuit in the seat harness assembly and provides extra circuit protection. Ignition voltage is supplied to the heated seat switch from the IGN3 10A fuse. When the heated seat switch is pressed ignition voltage is supplied to the solid state switching device within the heated seat switch assembly. The first time the heated seat switch is activated the solid state switching device supplies voltage to illuminate the high LED indicator and a signal voltage to the heated seat module indicating the high mode is active. The second time the heated seat switch is activated the solid state switching device supplies voltage to illuminate the low LED indicator and a voltage signal to the heated seat module indicating the low mode is active. When the heated seat module receives a high or low mode active signal from the heated seat switch signal circuit, battery voltage is supplied to the seat cushion and back heater elements. The heated seat cushion thermistor provides a signal to the heated seat module used to determine the seat cushion temperature. The heated seat module regulates the supply voltage to the heater elements according to the inputs from the heated seat switch and the seat cushion thermistor.

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
pm me your email with request for diagrams and i will send them to you it is to long to navigate back and forth the 11 sheets of them with connection points flying all over the place and still explain them here.

OP
OP
big95hoe

big95hoe

Reaction score
pm me your email with request for diagrams and i will send them to you it is to long to navigate back and forth the 11 sheets of them with connection points flying all over the place and still explain them here.

Pm sent thanks lit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia