Portland Electric Pressure Washer Hose Specs???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've owned a few of these electric pressure washers. They work great for cleaning a car. Not too much pressure they strip the paint off. Long story short, where they're TERRIBLE is in construction of the sprayer.

The bleeping sprayer always goes bad. I bought a different sprayer to try and use on my Portland electric pressure washer from Harbor Freight.

However, this bleeping thing uses non-standard fittings.

Anybody know what hose this thing uses? I want to either (1) adapt the current hose (unlikely)... or (2) get a different hose to fit a decent sprayer.

Anybody know the specs on the hose or parts to do that?

This is the pressure washer:

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've owned a few of these electric pressure washers. They work great for cleaning a car. Not too much pressure they strip the paint off. Long story short, where they're TERRIBLE is in construction of the sprayer.

The bleeping sprayer always goes bad. I bought a different sprayer to try and use on my Portland electric pressure washer from Harbor Freight.

However, this bleeping thing uses non-standard fittings.

Anybody know what hose this thing uses? I want to either (1) adapt the current hose (unlikely)... or (2) get a different hose to fit a decent sprayer.

Anybody know the specs on the hose or parts to do that?

This is the pressure washer:

So the hose is good, but the sprayer / wand is failed? I’ve replaced the hose before (on a gas Craftsman a while back), but not sure. Heck, I assumed they were all pretty standard.

Though, I currently have a Sun Joe brand electric, and the wand / sprayer is definitely a proprietary design. It has a cam in it you have to push in, and twist to lock it in, or remove it for the spray foam reservoir.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I’ve had a few of these because of my detailing business. The solution is did was bought a ryobi pressure washer and bought M22 pressure fittings with quick release ends, and use them with the Portland pressure washer. I buy the ryobi hose one because the Portland pressure hose is way to short. I bought a 35 foot ryobi to be able to get all the way around most vehicles. And also the ryobi hose and trigger/wand combo will with any standard size pressure fittings, and most soap cannons. The M22 fitting is what portland used to connect their hose to the unit. Lowe’s and Home Depot both carry the connections. Here’s a photo of the quick connects on the hose and the trigger i use. I’ll snap pics of the connects on the pressure washer when I get home in a little bit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    377.1 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 3
  • B2191AFB-5E47-4DCD-8374-D8A7DDFC27C9.jpeg
    B2191AFB-5E47-4DCD-8374-D8A7DDFC27C9.jpeg
    342 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@adventurenali92 AWESOME, exactly what I needed to know. Thanks! I'll go to Home Depot and pickup the parts :)

@Sam Harris dang, now I find a video on YouTube that explains my EXACT concern. The pumps are good, the hoses and guns are junk from Harbor Freight. I believe there must be a factory that creates these and Harbor Freight private labels them. I've seen this same style washer from various different brands.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just going to say lowes carries everything you need but got beat to it, they have fittings, decent hoses and sprayers for a reasonable price, tips are pretty much universal
This is Incorrect and I should have mentioned this in my last post. One brand that makes the trigger and wand, that Lowe’s sells has a narrower quick connect fitting on the end of the wand and the standard pressure tips and connectors for soap cannons don’t fit them. I forget which one it is now but I also know that all the ones that Home Depot sells are the same size and will work with all pressure tips and cannons.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is Incorrect and I should have mentioned this in my last post. One brand that makes the trigger and wand, that Lowe’s sells has a narrower quick connect fitting on the end of the wand and the standard pressure tips and connectors for soap cannons don’t fit them. I forget which one it is now but I also know that all the ones that Home Depot sells are the same size and will work with all pressure tips and cannons.
hmm, I must have bought the right one then, lol I haven't had any issue's myself, now that I think of it though I might have taken one of my tips with me and made sure it fit when i bought the wand

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm, I must have bought the right one then, lol I haven't had any issue's myself, now that I think of it though I might have taken one of my tips with me and made sure it fit when i bought the wand
I learned the hard way when I bought mine lol. But when I needed the replacement I did the same thing and brought my soap cannon with me to make sure it connected. And the pressure tips I have are the same size connections as the cannon so it worked out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC