Popping Noise from New Stereo Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigDawg99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am in the process of installling my DD in my 02 yukon Denali with the Bose Stereo System...I did a Wiring test to see if everything was hooked right...When i was Raising the volume..You can hear a Popping noise coming from the Speakers..i went with the PAC ROEM-GM21A wiring harness for my install..its not a Name brand stereo that i ordered also..got this really sweet deal on a DD on EBay and went with that one...

can someone help me get rid of this Popping noise when raising the volume on my stereo..

groundscr8pr

flaccid member
Reaction score
have you adjusted the gains? start by turning them all the way down. now turn the deck to 3/4 volume. if its loud enough leave it alone. if not adjust the gains till you have good volume.

OP
OP
B

BigDawg99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not adjusted the Gains..I am going to try that..Thanks alot for the help Dan...

OP
OP
B

BigDawg99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just spliced the new wireharness with the Deck Harness for the ground..it never happened before..when i was trying my new system...I heard a popping noise from the speaker areas...it would pop on every setting when i was bringing the volume up or Down..not a Popping but more like a DUK..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
513Tahoe