Popping from front end? Tried everything..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flachzwilling

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hm, interesting ... I seem to have the exact same problems: Front end rebuilt, almost all moving parts swapped and suddenly I've got those strange popping sounds when accelerating/braking ... and also turning while flexing the front suspension (hard turn from inclined driveway).
I'm now suspecting the torsion bar crossmember mounts since they're the last remaining "moving" parts that I didn't change. 290k km/180k mi, 2003 Z71 Suburban 1500.

OP
OP
W

Wicked Mayhem

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hm, interesting ... I seem to have the exact same problems: Front end rebuilt, almost all moving parts swapped and suddenly I've got those strange popping sounds when accelerating/braking ... and also turning while flexing the front suspension (hard turn from inclined driveway).
I'm now suspecting the torsion bar crossmember mounts since they're the last remaining "moving" parts that I didn't change. 290k km/180k mi, 2003 Z71 Suburban 1500.

Mine did the exact same thing before I rebuilt the front end. I put it in reverse a few days ago and floored it and both sides made the popping noise terribly loud. Torsion bar crossmember bushings looked fine. Haven’t looked into body bushings but they’re not rotted off or anything

Reaction score
Mine did this same exact thing, ended up being CV axles needed a rebuild, they were pretty thrashed, fresh grease and new boots! It was only coming from drivers side.
Exactly the same noises you listed. EXACTLY

OP
OP
W

Wicked Mayhem

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine did this same exact thing, ended up being CV axles needed a rebuild, they were pretty thrashed, fresh grease and new boots! It was only coming from drivers side.
Exactly the same noises you listed. EXACTLY

Well I wish I was 4wd so maybe that would be my problem. The search continues!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts