"Pop-up" gas struts for liftgate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
Has any one installed Arana spring loaded gas struts on the liftgage of their pre 07 Escalade/Tahoe?Yukon so it fully opens when the latch is released? I was over on another forum and came across a youtube video of these struts on a Tesla. The springs appear to supply just enough additional force to allow strut lift to takeover to fully open. Seems to me this could be an inexpensive alternative to aftermarket power liftgate kits.

drewtx154

Reaction score
Did you ever install these? My liftgate only opens about 3/4 of the way then even with me trying to lift it to the fully opened position it's stuck at 3/4. Would be interesting to know if you installed and how it worked out for you if you did?? Thanks

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Did you ever install these? My liftgate only opens about 3/4 of the way then even with me trying to lift it to the fully opened position it's stuck at 3/4. Would be interesting to know if you installed and how it worked out for you if you did?? Thanks
Welcome to the forum.

I was gonna use OE struts but were unavailable at RA. Strongarm struts recommended to me by @iamdub and I installed the pair. Work flawlessly. I open the rear hatch and pull up about 6" to 9" and let go and the struts take it all the way up and holds it there solidly. I am a big guy at 6'4" and 250 and I have to pull down pretty hard to get them to start to close and have to push closed after the 1/2 way closed point.

OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
Haven't gotten around to it yet. It's on my Fall project list. Will post something when I do it.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered replacement lift struts for my Denali tailgate a couple years back. I think I ordered them from rock auto. They’re just standard lift struts but it pretty much goes up all on its own. I just pull it up a few inches with the handle from the body and let go and the struts do their own thing.

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just installed these...before neither the gate nor the window would fully open anless i pushed it the last 20%....now after opening they both go up all the way and i dont have to duck...im 6'2

Thanks! I just went to Amazon and ordered them.

I know it's been just a short time since you bought these, but I'm wondering how they're working for you. Any cold weather use?

yukon06

Reaction score
I know it's been just a short time since you bought these, but I'm wondering how they're working for you. Any cold weather use?
They work fine...its been cold off and on here in ny....its not gonna be like a power liftgate on new trucks its an 06 but works as good as it should for an 06....no issues

PS i just looked theres a cyber monday deal 18% off so in stead of 36 they're 28.....i think you have to have amazon prime for that discount though im not sure