Poor Blackbear Customer Service led to a Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 800 service line for hypertech has an actual tuner or a call center that answers?

OP
OP
davez71offroad
Reaction score
The 800 service line for hypertech has an actual tuner or a call center that answers?

They have two gentlemen that answer the phones Monday through Saturday and have been really helpful.

I can tell alot of people didnt like what I had to say but it is what it is. Not trying to offend anyone but not everyone just telling my experience. I wish I could have had the same experience.

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

If you ever have tuning questions or would like INSTANT help or adjustments to your tune, I answer the number in my sig 99% of the time day and night. Emails as well.

MIKE

Wish I would have known what you do. I just saw you website. Will be looking into you in the near future.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So this was a bash thread then? I still see no comments on your Hypertech. As a business owner, I am sure you been understand being bogged down. But looking into your PM (the only way you tried contacting us BTW), you were already sold on the Hypertech, and thought the AutoCal was not for you (which is perfectly fine).

What is the true meaning of this thread may I ask?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This thread is probably not the right place for this questions, but other than getting Peggy to answer the phones, it seems to have run its course.

What happens if one gets the 93 tune and fills up with either 89 or 87?

Thanks.

You should be running 93 on stock tuning with your engine.

OP
OP
davez71offroad
Reaction score
So this was a bash thread then? I still see no comments on your Hypertech. As a business owner, I am sure you been understand being bogged down. But looking into your PM (the only way you tried contacting us BTW), you were already sold on the Hypertech, and thought the AutoCal was not for you (which is perfectly fine).

What is the true meaning of this thread may I ask?

BTW If you check your emails you will see that I sent three different emails starting on April 13 and didn’t get a response until the 18th of April, that’s more than a few days. And if you check the PM you will see the wait that I had since you started the PM with "I apologize for the delay in getting back to you."

Your right as a business owner I understand being bogged down which is why I had to make a decision to make less money and hire more people to help out as my business is growing each day and then make it back in the long run.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your right as a business owner I understand being bogged down which is why I had to make a decision to make less money and hire more people to help out as my business is growing each day and then make it back in the long run.

David I am going to go off on a slight tangent here and completely disagree with you on this. It has nothing to do with my fondness of Blackbear, but more of my knowledge of also running a business (not quite one that demands the detailed attention like BB).

The type of service Justin provides is something that has a high liability. He tunes these vehicles all day long. If something goes wrong, its ultimately his problem. To have someone else, say, a new employee, hired in and for him to trust putting his name on the product simply won't cut it. It's like having Chip Foose build your custom hot rod. You don't want some kids working on your car and then Chip taking the money...no, you want him to do the work and the design because thats what he knows how to do.

It's a little different then hiring some high school kids to make sandwiches at a Subway, where it doesn't matter if they screw up a few times, there's not alot of liability in that.

I personally would have no issues with waiting MONTHS to get an answer knowing that this is how the business is operated. That's why there are waiting lists for the top of their game in business. The guys who respond right away...guess what? They aren't busy for a reason. We'll leave it at that.

Now Hypertech can afford to hire two guys to answer calls all day long because their tunes are very basic and don't push the limits of a vehicle to get maximum bang for the buck. They are scaled back tunes that, from my understanding, don't do much of anything other than take your money and give you a smile on your face.

I'd personally rather have a big shit eating grin on my face than just a smile, and that's what you'd get if you'd wait...

On another note, I don't think BB is that hard to get ahold of. You posted here and they popped up in a matter of what, a few hours? :shrug:

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

:Handshake:

Can't wait till Sunday! :)

me either! wait.. are u referring to your tune or our quality time together?

OP
OP
davez71offroad
Reaction score
I personally would have no issues with waiting MONTHS to get an answer knowing that this is how the business is operated. That's why there are waiting lists for the top of their game in business. The guys who respond right away...guess what? They aren't busy for a reason. We'll leave it at that.

Thanks for your reply, I’m glad that yall are loyal to BB tunes, like I have said I wish I could have gotten quicker responses in which I could have order one of their tunes after my all of my questions are answered. I don’t really know who you are or what you do for a living but my in my line (or any business at that) of work, if people were to wait months for my service then I wouldn’t be in business no matter how good the product plain and simple and I’m sure that goes for many people. I’m swamped with emails and phone calls that I get everyday, and I make it a priority to respond to emails and phone call ASAP as I rely on my reputation to get more jobs.

Talking about liability, I am a certified PE in Environmental Engineering in which I work with junior level engineers right out of college all the time and trust me I know what it’s like to put your name on the line but that is part of the hiring process especially when they design things that have my final stamp on them. I take on tons of responsibility by letting them work for me and making designs for clients. That’s why as their boss I properly teach them how to do things and work with them to get it right and it allows me to add more business.

Last edited:

HOE-N-IT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW If you check your emails you will see that I sent three different emails starting on April 13 and didn’t get a response until the 18th of April, that’s more than a few days. And if you check the PM you will see the wait that I had since you started the PM with "I apologize for the delay in getting back to you."

That is the problem. I have seen Jenna explain several times that their server lumps multiple Emails from the same sender together and you go into the queue based on the date of your last Email. Because they get so many Emails I would imagine they need to be lumped together or it would get confusing and hard to remember if they had responded to someone previuosly.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok....appears that this has run its course and probably farther. The OP has voiced his frustration and many folks have chimed in with opinions (warranted or not).

/thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10