Poor Backup Camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danimalx87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I wish they would have used the same camera for the Back Up view as they did on the digital rear view mirror. The mirror has a great picture with high refresh rate. The backup camera looks like something from a fleet vehicle, from 2005.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I wish they would have used the same camera for the Back Up view as they did on the digital rear view mirror. The mirror has a great picture with high refresh rate. The backup camera looks like something from a fleet vehicle, from 2005.
Really? My backup camera is fantastic. Looks like a High Def TV.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really? My backup camera is fantastic. Looks like a High Def TV.
Same here - crystal clear, bright colors - It's the first thing my wife mentioned when I asked her what she likes the most about the Yukon after owning it a month. On top of that we have the lowest trim level (SLE).

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here - crystal clear, bright colors - It's the first thing my wife mentioned when I asked her what she likes the most about the Yukon after owning it a month. On top of that we have the lowest trim level (SLE).
I suggest inspecting the lens...perhaps it took up some moisture, is leaking, etc...

navyseal334

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can relate. The framerate makes it almost look choppy compared to a 2008 Toyota Highlander we had and 2022 Honda Odyssey. I've gotten used to it but definitely stood out when we first got the vehicle.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is crisp and fresh. I was surprised how good it was. Maybe yours is defective ?

972sparky

Reaction score
My backup camera is fine, the strobe effect of other vehicle headlights on the rear view drive me nuts.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
I am pretty impressed with the quality on mine, i feel its much better than my wifes 2020 blazer rs's camera. I make it a habit of every time I am walking by the front or back of my rig to take my finger and wipe off any debris that might be on either lens. Esp during the winter months of salt infested roads michigan, they dirty up rather quick.

repairman54

Reaction score
Rear window washer doesn't clean the rear camera lenses?
I does on my '20 Traverse High Country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157