police package hub caps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

julio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I used a set from a silverado, I too love the look of the police package the trucks look aggressive to me. Here's a pic although mines is the older model. I used the 07+ style rim.

Picture006edited.gif

and the truck handles a lot better with the 17's w/ slightly lower profile tires. If i had the money I'd flat black my truck.

man, that looks good. the look im going for.

Go here: http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/catalog/frameset.cfm and enter this part number 9596667. You will get an exploded diagram. I know it is not too good, but perhaps it will give you some help.

$64?! anyone have a hookup from gmdirect?

thanks for the help rogersinsel.

Coolade07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i found a set of older police package wheels on CL... the center cap is slightly different and the rim has 16holes instead of 8. and came wrapped up in a new set of goodyear wrangler HP.
http://images.craigslist.org/3nc3k13m95O45Sc5R598pa015821ee30a1a60.jpg

i was wondering if the ones sold on gmpartsdirect were the newer version like the ones oak510 has? it says that the cap alone is listed at 45.05? or the whole rim w/cap no tires?
i wanna use these for the winter season....so i need a set asap.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
Please dont take this the wrong way, but why those wheels??? You could always have you OEM rims painted black and they would probably look the same. Nice and ugly.lol

Repo503

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like them cause they are like the anti rim. So sick of 24s and 26s and whatnot, most of them are hideous and when I see people living 8 to an apartment and can't pay their vig riding trucks on 26s, well it doesn't exactly scream baller anymore.

Anyways about the wheels I'd run em as winter wheels if I had a tahoe...personally I think they'd look funky on a denali.

metelhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly- where can I buy the wheels and caps? I looked at GM direct site...but it would pull the pic- can my dealer order these? and what size tires are the police issue?
Thanks

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:Handshake::Handshake::Handshake:

I bought a set of the 16-hole black steel wheels but sold them and found some of the real PP Tahoe wheels. I'm going to wrap them in some meaty GY Wrangler Duratracs to run on my Tahoe. I like the "real" PP center caps but I'm not willing to shell out that much cash for them. I just got the regular chrome center caps for the steel wheels.

Like these: http://winegardnersales.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=125

If I ever find the "real" PP caps for cheap then I'll pic those up. They're definitely cleaner looking....

stss95

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the wheels are the same as the base silverado chevy truck wheels only difference is the silverado wheels are silver and you will have to drill and tap holes to mount the police hubcaps. i got my set off ebay for about $100. The hubcaps are another story i think ive only seen one used set for sale and they are expensive from the dealer. stock tire size is an oddball 265/70/17 which i think only goodyear makes a tire in that size, you can go up to a 275/70/17 which is alot cheaper and just about everyone makes that size.

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
I know this thread is super old but I finally found the part number for the PPV center cap. It's 9597673 and they are expensive....now if only my 22's would sell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn

Latest posts