OR VietVet Is Still Throwing $$$ at 2005 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The GM # for the auto a/c-heater control head is 15855848, if anyone may have one or know of one. I see them at ebay but thought I would buy it here if one is around.

Last edited:
OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Looks like the final gross of parts are starting to trickle in. The new throttle body, seal and injectors got here today. Throttle body pigtail here Friday, gear box on Monday and new throttle pedal pressure sensor/pedal assembly here Friday. I did order a refurbished a/c-heater control head for the dash from ebay and is supposed to be here Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. I am glad to be close to the end of this upgrade tsunami I have been doing. Time for some drives to the coast to my favorite seafood shack-Novelli's Crab and Seafood. Best I have had in many years. Right in Florence, Oregon: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaur...s-Novelli_s_Crab_Seafood-Florence_Oregon.html

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It is about to get weird.

I went to my American Legion last night to partake of some smoked pulled pork sandwiches, corn on the cob and fries. Damn it was good! I had 2 sandwiches and took 2 home.

Anyway, a member approached that I know well and his wife has a 2002 Tahoe Z71 with less than 120k miles on it and she is the original owner. He wants her to sell it because they just bought, last year, a brand new 2020 Blazer and she has a smaller SUV she drives all the time. They are by themselves and retired and don't need the Z71.

I have only seen it in passing one time at the post. He knows that just because I take his word that it is immaculate inside and out, has all repair and maintenance records and has fairly new tires on it, that I told him that if ever going to sell, I want to know. He is really pressing her to sell it to me because he has shown her my rig and talked up how I would take care of her rig. This is a drive by cable instead of drive by wire rig.

Get it, take it to the next level like I did my current rig and then decide which to keep or just keep both. It don't mean crap if she will still not sell but he told me he is breaking her down and she wants new carpet throughout the house and he keeps telling her this would pay for that and maybe even have cash left over to do what they do every day-------
Shove money in the damn poker machines. She will sit for 2-3 hours and play and drink a margarita every hour. He just has a pitcher of beer. They never leave with any sign of inebriation at all. They usually win but I have no idea what they put in the machines to get there.

I hope this is not a wild goose chase. I have been thinking of that rig since the day I saw it. My tech friend will salivate when he sees it if I can pry it away from her.

Been 1.5 years since I laid eyes on it and has been on short trips close to their home but if I remember right, I think it is a light brown, almost tan color. Does anyone have a pic of that year colors showing that?

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I am thinking about putting the braided stainless steel lines on my rig and want recommendations for you guys. I have heard that Russell make a quality kit but they don't seem to list a kit with JL4 Active brake control. I have called tech support and am waiting for a call back. I looked at CARID and they list the same kit number, 672450, but make no disclaimer about the active brake control, like Russell did. I have never ever had good luck getting complete info from CARID.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Russell called back and said they don't do a kit for JL4 brake systems. The search continues.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ever since I installed the OE style GM radio back in the dash and got rid of the Kenwwod crap that was in there, I have seen the ugly eye sore of my a/c-heater controller with the smudged out and cracked at the top fan speed rocker. I bought a new refurbished head unit and it came in today.

20210222_124219.jpg20210717_112122.jpgResized_20210717_111723.jpeg

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Talked to the husband of the 2002 Z71 last night. He said that it does have 125k miles and it is the stock beige/tan color. Pristine inside and out. I do remember that at one time, after I saw it 1.5 years ago, that I did offer $10k on the spot. She turned it down, not because it was not enough money but that she did not want to sell it. I also found out, counting the Tahoe, between the 2 of them they have 5 vehicles. He still owns and does not want to sell a 1995 Chevy C1500 regular cab with 45k miles on it. Auto trans.

I told him my offer of $10k still stood till end of July. After that, if he can talk her in to selling, that I will pick it apart and may still offer $10k but will deduct if I see NEEDS.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Depending on what the final price is for the possible sale and purchase of the 2002 Z71 I have been talking about, is there any interest in it from any member? I will look thru it and pick it apart and will share everything I find, completely up front. I have the 2005 so close to exactly what I want, I very much doubt that I would sell it and keep the 2002 Z71.

I will be completely fair to whoever may want it. Just putting that info out there to think about.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Nobody got back to me with any interest in the 2002 Z71 and that is good. I sat at the American Legion today and talked to her instead of the husband. She is not going to sell the 2002 Z71 for her biggest reason and I completely agree. It is the most comfortable vehicle to sit in and drive, than anything else she has ever had and refuses to part with it.

I do have other info though. The husband has a pristine 62 Corvette that according to Barrett-Jackson, is worth $75k to $80k and he is selling it for $65k. If there is any interest, I will get pics from him and post. His wife wants it out of the garage. We have a car show coming up in September and he will show and have up for sale at that time. Remember, no salt on the roads here. This thing has no rust. I am not a Corvette guy but thought I would post about it for any interest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick