Please Post Pics of exhaust to help me decide!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please help me decide!!!

I am looking for something similar to the corsa/slp style tips out the side. I am not in love with the slp because the tips arent very long, I feel you can see too much of the the piping to the tips. but it is do-able, Corsa exhaust is sweet but the sound clips i have heard arent that deep tone im really looking for it seems more raspy. (maybe just the sound clips)? So i am thinking about installing a magnaflow muffler in stock position with dual out and running some double wall tips maybe about 5-7" long, if they would fit. or running a magnaflow muffler single exit with the slp tips? whats size is the SLP inlet pipe?
THIS ISNT AS MUCH ABOUT PERFORMANCE AS IT IS LOOKS, I FEEL ANY EXHAUST IS GOING TO BE BETTER PERFORMANCE THAN STOCK.

PLEASE POST PICS OF EXHAUST TO HELP ME DECIDE ON WHAT TO DO, I AM REALLY ITCHING FOR A RUMBLE FROM THIS TAHOE!!!!

Last edited:

steven13608

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, im in the same boat, want a little rumble but not over kill. I heardthe the flowmaster super 50 is a good one. But thats just what i heard and read. So im not sure. About to got get that one just to see if its true.

akbrener

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-back. Previous owner installed it, bought the truck with it. It comes with a 50 series SUV series muffler. Has a good bit of rumble. I actually replaced the muffler with a Summit Racing 2 chamber ($25) thinking it would be drastically louder, but honestly I do not see a huge difference except at WOT. The original 50 series has a good tone at idle and not super noticeable inside while cruising but sounds real good when getting on the gas. The Summit muffler is a bit louder at idle, I feel not worth the hassle of changing out as the big difference is at heavy throttle or revs, which I dont do a lot of.

I am planning to adjust the tips a bit as they do stick out a bit more than I want, will probably have them tuck under the truck more as you can see in the pic.

photo4.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8jFVQhkjEQ&feature=g-upl&context=G249f50dAUAAAAAAAAAA

Danielgreig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tips are a little dirty.....They are SS 3" with an oval style exit. They are duel 3" all the way to the flowmaster muffler.

picture.jpg

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my Tahoe I had the Volant super tips. Made out of high grade SS. Looked and sounded great. I paired it with a magnaflow muffler and did the resonator delete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse