Please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which AFM disable chip manufacturer works with the Hybrid? All I have reached out to said they would not work.
Range RA003

also M4 will force v8 mode(you can use it for now tell you get the range device)

make sure the 12v+ battery cables are fully seated so it shifts correctly at 40 instead of 48....

getting 21-26mpg v8 mode around town... with 91 and a heavily modified driving technique...I try to time it so I hit every green light

i figured out why i was getting 9-12mpg turned out the pump i used was cheating me and charging 2.2x the amount...the pump was not metering correctly.. switched to another pump (same slope)

OP
OP
B

Brady1287

Reaction score
We are thinking the battery, hoping we can do a refurbished here shortly. I am planning on cleaning battery cables and any sensor connectors as most the codes seem to mention checking connections. I caught the corona and now it's moved through the home so all work has been paused.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BRad sry to hear about the omicron outbreak and hope everyone recovers and is OK. You mentioned an oil leak earlier in the thread. It seems like all GM engines will exhibit leaks at higher mileage and age (same as all other manufacturers) I cured one of mine yesterday. I had replaced the drivers side valve cover when I first bought my Hybrid about 3 yrs ago at aprox 195k (now at 256k) I did not realize that at the time I had broken the lock clip inside the PCV line where it attached to the valve cover. I found that it had partially come off and oil was dripping down from there down onto the exhaust manifold. The new AC Delco line was only 11 bucks at Oreillys auto parts so I replaced it. That does NOT of course fix my rear main seal oil leak but this leak was getting onto the exhaust manifold and was making a burning smell and I guess it could have actually caught on fire at some point! It is getting harder and harder to keep this old thing running without making a major investment and at +10yrs old and over 250k miles I am looking at diminishing returns on my original $6,600.00 investment and as fond as I am of the old thing I may have to part ways with my old Hoe soon LOL

OP
OP
B

Brady1287

Reaction score
So plot twist. We decided it wasn't worth the cost of repairs for us and our wants. We traded it in for a Duramax as it will fit our needs better. Thank you for the help and I must admit that was the only time I've been sad getting rid of a car, the Tahoe had really grown on us and had so many memories.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brady I think you have made a wise decision. I am pretty fond of my ole Hoe too but I will be in the market for a replacement vehicle myself once the old Hoe has a problem that I cannot cure for a reasonable amount of money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues