To fix or not to fix

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

apexbydesign

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
98932A88-0552-4110-AEC4-BD871989BCB6.jpeg I own an 02 Tahoe 2wd. I was driving to work and less than 100yrds there I lose power at the accelerator I’m barely chugging along and my truck sounds like a combination of backfiring and popcorn popping when I press the accelerator.
I made it to work parked and on idle reving the engine it pops and rpm’s dip low. I shut Vera off and now she won’t turn over and it sounds like popcorn time at the movie’s.
All thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I love my girl I just don’t know how much yet $$$$.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Did the check engine light come on? Most likely did I'd guess. Run the codes and see what comes up.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup don’t assume it’s a big bill do the diagnostic work first. As James said love is worth 3k if it comes to that.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
get a cheap $25-30 fuel pressure tester at harbor freight or most auto parts stores even rent them and then you get your money back upon return and see what the pressure is.
if the fuel pump took a dump there will not be a any check engine light and it could do some really weird stuff if it was just getting a couple drops of fuel.
you could also grab a can of starting fluid and spray it in the intake, try to start it and see if it fires up for a second.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truckinscooby

Latest posts