play in steering need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i thought that was an issue with the nbs only? i mean of course over time they will but i thought i read somewhere the nbs models had them wear out prematurely causeing a pop in the steering column ... could be wrong tho

OP
OP
Z

Zack757

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
turns out ive just got a worn gearbox. all steering linkages are good and the steering collumn u joint or rag joint has no obvious wear or tear. i can see the steering collumn turn before the pitman arm starts to move. I geuss 220 thousand miles will do that lol XD

nate3531

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 97 has a badly worn rag joint that I want to replace with a u-joint. Soon as I figure out how I will. I know on Pre-95 maybe 96 you can swap in a jeep steering shaft from an xj. Works great, I done in on an 89 I had. Loved it. Hope I can figure out how to do it on my 97.

WilliamRWetzel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Idler Arm and Bracket. Pitman Arm. Tahoe Boxes Always Seem To Have A Little Bit Of Play In Them.

ralatkkins

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I hope you figure this out......

because i am having the same issue! I have new everything underneath the truck except the steering box. Plus i have a question, does the 95's have the steering motion sensor?? i am finding conflicting reports on it

rolfsent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
because i am having the same issue! I have new everything underneath the truck except the steering box. Plus i have a question, does the 95's have the steering motion sensor?? i am finding conflicting reports on it

1997 got the evo sensor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts