Plastic above brake light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coppcarz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
SO i just received a 2009 2500 LT Suburban I purchased form a government auction. Somehow during transport from CA, the piece that goes between the left quarter window and the trunk lid is MIA. DO they steal these things? Transporter has no idea what happened to it. Anyone know the exact name for that part? Or part number?

Thanks

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not aware that they are a hot commodity on the black market but who knows.

@915_Tahoe should be able to help with a part number. Might also try and hit up a local junk yard and see if you can find one of them cheap.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
SO i just received a 2009 2500 LT Suburban I purchased form a government auction. Somehow during transport from CA, the piece that goes between the left quarter window and the trunk lid is MIA. DO they steal these things? Transporter has no idea what happened to it. Anyone know the exact name for that part? Or part number?

Thanks
That part shouldn't be too expensive at the yards--no one really wants/needs them. Maybe yours wasn't affixed correctly where it just might've fell off in transit.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Reaction score
Yeah, probably in a hurry.

I also think the bottom screw for the applique is covered by the brake light housing, so you have to remove that to get to it.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

OP
OP
C

coppcarz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This one did not have any equipment. The screwed part is still attached to the truck. I tried prying off the other side, there is no way the wind pulled it off. Someone would literally have to pry the cover off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14