Plasti-dip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steven13608

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone out there plasti-dip the whole door panel in there tahoe, yukon, esky???? Ive seen the woodgrain done and it looks good.

Im wantig to redo my interior and get rid of the lite gray i have, not worried about the leather seats bc i will have those taken care of but im curious to lnow if the plasti dip process will hold on the kind mild plastic grain of the door panels and everywhere else in the truck.

GM has this stuff painted and it scratches easy so im thinking that the plasti-dip will work.????

Any advise, pointers, people who done opinion will all help me deside. Thanks.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has been done, and as long as your careful on the doors, it should hold up. Strippers fingernails are sometimes long, so watch out...

I think someone is selling some wood in the "For Sale" section that you could buy and try it on...

OP
OP
steven13608

steven13608

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol thanks for the heads up.

Ur trim disnt sell yet?

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

And wat do u mean by careful? Like it wont hold up to normal wear and tear?

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol thanks for the heads up.

Ur trim disnt sell yet?

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

And wat do u mean by careful? Like it wont hold up to normal wear and tear?

it should hold up to normal wear and tear. but there is definitely the possibility that something could snag it and tear it. as it is removable. it doesn't form a hard coating, it'll have a rubbery texture to it.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
steven13608

steven13608

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do u guys think it would come off easy if i wanted it off? My only concern about that is the texture of the plastic. Bc i dont wanna have it stuck in the grain and have it look like crap if i did take it off.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do u guys think it would come off easy if i wanted it off? My only concern about that is the texture of the plastic. Bc i dont wanna have it stuck in the grain and have it look like crap if i did take it off.

they say the more coats you put on, the easier it is to take off.

it'll come off, but might take some elbow grease to get it all off. i would try a piece in the back, if you're wanting to see how it will look and hold up.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they say the more coats you put on, the easier it is to take off.

it'll come off, but might take some elbow grease to get it all off. i would try a piece in the back, if you're wanting to see how it will look and hold up.

Or just buy some cheap wood pieces in the for sale section...

MURDEREDTBSS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you dont put enough coats on it is a pita to get of. If you put a generous amount on it, it comes off Like vinyl would.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coldlegos