Plasti-Dip Grille?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Plastic dip is bad ass I did my clave cover spark plug cover on a b16 I have qndo it looks great. And it feels bad ass and won't screw up really

RydnDrty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks!! Yup...just clean real good, and make sure its good and dry before you start...and make sure u get in all the bends and curves....

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why be on the fence about it? It's easy, fast, can be removed, and cheap. Try it, worst thing that happens is your out a few bucks and an afternoon :shrug:

TIME is more of an issue for me. So I want to make sure it will turn out good and hold up for a decent amount of time. My 07 is out in the sun ALOT.

But seeing RydnDrty's truck makes me want to do it more. :cool:

But how good does it hold up to sun exposure?

daygooz3v

Reaction score
i just plastidipped my front grill, i didnt even tape anything off just sprayed and peeled the excess later. came out really well will post pics later

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My emblem has been don't for like a year and it has held up no problems :shrug:

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My emblem has been don't for like a year and it has held up no problems :shrug:

Thanks. I'll have to do it when I get some free time.

Also RydnDrty - I can't really tell from the pic. Did you just paint over the whole original bowtie emblem without removing anything?

Garmoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bought some plasti dip today.. but since i live on base and in the dorms i have no place to use it right now... gotta wait till next weekend when i go to my friends place..

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bought some plasti dip today.. but since i live on base and in the dorms i have no place to use it right now... gotta wait till next weekend when i go to my friends place..

I painted mine outside. You guys are putting to much thought into it.

Garmoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I painted mine outside. You guys are putting to much thought into it.

im putting thought into not getting in trouble.. I live in the dorms on a military base where we arent supposed to do anytype of work on our vehicles. and they cracked down ******* dorm residents the other day for everything they could. so no chances are be taken right now

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did mine as well....Only thing I would add is put a towel behind the grille so you don't plastidip the radiator with the over-spray. The stuff holds up great with no chips at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommy2boys211