Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seel

Hook'Em
Reaction score
Does anyone have this unit installed. Got into a chat with a Crutchfield.com guy and he said .3" too deep?

Anyone confirm this?

nytahoe

"Tha Butcha"
Reaction score
any dd u put in ur going to have to cut the back of the dash to put in.

BlackLac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't buy this unit on crutchfield. Buy on ebay or sonicelectronix for less. Crutchfield is a great source of info, buy they are price higher than others. Also, it is the same as a z110bt. You can easily update the firmware to the same that comes on a z120bt. Check avic411 for all info on this unit. Great resource. The z is the best unit on the market. You'll love it. Hope this helps!

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
any dd u put in ur going to have to cut the back of the dash to put in.

Thats not true. I have a buddie that installs these all day and it does not require any cutting of the dash in the NNBS models, just unique tucking of wires will make it install like normal.
The NBS is a different story.
Crutchfield only says the Z120BT and X920BT don't fit because they add .6" of depth onto their fitment guide specs for all aftermaket stereos because of wiring, and to reduce the amount of returns due to a customer saying "you said it would fit, and it didn't."

BlackLac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats not true. I have a buddie that installs these all day and it does not require any cutting of the dash in the NNBS models, just unique tucking of wires will make it install like normal.
The NBS is a different story.
Crutchfield only says the Z120BT and X920BT don't fit because they add .6" of depth onto their fitment guide specs for all aftermaket stereos because of wiring, and to reduce the amount of returns due to a customer saying "you said it would fit, and it didn't."

Nice. I was shocked to hear that a NNBS tahoe didn't fit a double din without cutting. Thanks for clearing that up.

bryanfeelsgood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the P3100DVD and while it technically fit, it was damn near impossible to get it to sit flush in the dash with RCA plugs plugged into the back. I ended up just hacking the back out of the dash. It doesn't need to be there anyway, makes life easier to just cut it out.

I used a mini-hacksaw and it worked perfect.

I have been looking to get the x920BT which I think is pretty much the same size, so let me know how your install goes.

BlackLac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the P3100DVD and while it technically fit, it was damn near impossible to get it to sit flush in the dash with RCA plugs plugged into the back. I ended up just hacking the back out of the dash. It doesn't need to be there anyway, makes life easier to just cut it out.

I used a mini-hacksaw and it worked perfect.

I have been looking to get the x920BT which I think is pretty much the same size, so let me know how your install goes.

Hacksaw to the rescue. :Handshake:

OP
OP
Seel

Seel

Hook'Em
Reaction score
i do them too and havent had one fit in

Will you clarify this statement? Thanks -Seel

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

So it looks like I'm going to have to cut a bunch from the BACK of the dash to make this thing fit? I'm eventually going to add a lot of audio to this biotch so I want to make sure it's all going to fit.

nytahoe

"Tha Butcha"
Reaction score
the part u have to cut will not hurt anything. if u ever put the stock radio in it will still fit like new.

ive put in 10 or so nbs and nnbs to make every thing fit nice and make the dash kit sit right, ive had the cut out the back of the dash behinde the radio.