photoshop request!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ridin2slow

Reaction score
hey guys, havent been on here in awhile, just been swamped with work. Finally getting a chance to do some mods on the Denali and need a photoshop before i pull the trigger. thank you in advance

a few ideas that Im about 95% sure on are:
~white door handles, i absolutely hate the chrome fridge door handles
~white grille surround
~cleared headlights
~black b-pillars

a few ideas ive been tossing around just to make the truck stand out that much more are:
~Escalade door molding instead of these big ugly ones
~wheel faces painted white or getting really crazy and painting the wheel faces a bright candy blue

normal_image.jpg

normal_image%7E0.jpg

26aY3lY.jpg

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You get bored? Don't fix something that's not broken IMO... Looks damn good now

SRTH8R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clear the headlights, and black out the b pillars if you want. Call it a day.

OP
OP
R

ridin2slow

Reaction score
Ben, yeah I'm bored. You have no idea, I can never leave well enough alone.

I just want it to stand out, I feel like even though it's lowered it just gets lost in a sea of Tahoes/Escalades/Yukons.

Not to mention I really don't like chrome. I've hated these door handles forever, they just look like cheap crap :IMO . I like the finish of the z71 Tahoe handles but I hate that it's only on the center section. I've thought about scuffing these for a "brushed" finish and then clearing them so that they match the face of my wheels

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

Also, I hate these door moldings but don't like how it looks without them. So I was debating either doing the Escalade moldings or the newer, flat, Denali moldings

crazycrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of wheels are those?

I think you should leave it alone also ..Looks great

On second thought, the newer (LTZ/Denali) flat moldings would look way better

Last edited:

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Ill second the Escalade door molding. I have it on my Tahoe and love it. You could do the painted Escalade molding for a very slim, sleeker look along with painted handles. But then what? Do you paint the rest of your roof rack, and grille? What about the center of the grille?

I think your truck looks great as is. Sure it will get lost in a sea of Tahoes/Yukons because 9 out of 10 of them aren't enthusiasts, but yours will get noticed by people like us, which is all you really want anyway right?

OP
OP
R

ridin2slow

Reaction score
True, i know it gets a lot of looks now, just bored, looking to do just a few small details that make it stand out from the crowd, that's why I painted the bottoms of the mirrors, because the only people that would notice that are GM enthusiasts. I just think there is a little too much chrome now, so leaving the grille inserts chrome, but painting the upper shell, I've only seen it done with a Grillecraft insert and it looked killer.

And like I said, I hate the chrome handles and always have, so if I did them white but left the strip on the molding chrome, roof rack rails chrome and the strip on the rear bumper I think it would be just enough.

Last edited:

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
I do agree you need a little less chrome since your wheels are machine faced. White / Brushed aluminum / machine looks really good in my opinion. The Storm Trooper look is played out. Not sure how good it would look but what about looking into wrapping some chrome in brushed aluminum vinyl? Something that's not too dark, to better match your wheels?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you color match the handles just take off the side molding and it'll look clean. If you color match the handles and leave the molding with the chrome strip on it things will look "off" IMO.....Clean looking Denali for sure! I like those rims a lot!

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an extra set of handles, right now they have chrome ends with a brushed pull. They're the Frankenstein doors left from the ones I made on my truck. (Black z71 handles with the brushed pull replaced with chrome). You could mess around with these for cheap since no one could actually use them as is. On the molding I'd do the style I've got 2010+ ltz I love it as do many others but it's becoming harder and harder to find. If you can't find those go esky molding. I love your truck but with these land yachts you gotta go full color matched or spread out some accents, I love your mirrors but I think they look out of place. Try some esky ones? Tried the look with no roof rack? Just easy ideas to stand out like no roof rack are cheap yet easy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons

Latest posts