Pedal Commander - Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... Some folks more knowledgeable than me, who have analyzed it actions, are not in favor of it ...
Second video is better, actually tries to to show something to back up what he says.

With physical throttle systems, the throttle body moved as much and as quickly as your foot moved (good ol' days).
With electronic throttle systems, the right pedal makes a request, the pcm interprets that request, and then mitigates it before commanding the throttle motor to open.
The pcm considers any number of criteria as excuse(s) to open / close the throttle more slowly than the driver's foot.
(Rarely, it can open the throttle even less than the driver asks, effecting a softer top speed limiter.)
The ONLY improvement in results for 0-60 and 1/4 mile runs would be the reduction / elimination of the lag.
This is because it reduces the time it takes for the gas pedal to send a request to open the throttle body to the EUC (in my estimation, without the mod, about 1.5 seconds). HP and everything else doesn't change.
This mod makes the vehicle absolutely LEAP of the line, and opens the throttle body faster (for example, depending on your setting, gas pedal at 1/4 with the mod is the same as gas pedal at 1/2 without)
EXAMPLE: Your foot moves from 0% to 20% throttle in under 0.25sec.
It always takes OVER 0.25 sec (much slower in an SUV vs a wee lil bit slower in a 'vette) to open 20% wide.

The pedal 'commander' exaggerates (lies) about how far your foot moves (this is not an opinion).
Your foot asks for 20%, the pedal 'commander' asks for over 20% (cleverly moving the throttle more quickly as well).
How much more (and thus more quickly), depends on the degree to which the pedal commander is told to exaggerate.

To get a bit more complex:
Say your foot goes from 0% throttle to 100% Wide Open in 0.25sec.
To be precise, 12.5% in 0.03125sec, 25% in 0.0625sec, 50% in 0.125sec, you get the idea.
Pedal 'commander' exaggerates how far your foot moves, which effectively also exaggerates how quickly your foot moves.
Although 100% throttle cannot be exaggerated (101% throttle?), the rate of travel is effectively exaggerated by exaggerating at each step along the way to 100% Wide Open.

TL DR:
The pedal 'commander' is more accurately referred to as a pedal 'exaggerater' than a pedal 'quickener'.
The quickening is being achieved by the exaggeration.

Last edited:

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put in my PC that I ordered over the July 4th holiday. Have not driven the Tahoe yet but know what I’m getting. I had a PC on my RAM 1500.

IMG_4970.jpeg

Overall pretty easy install. Except for the felt trim above the pedals that covers the guts behind the dash. It was a PITA to try to maneuver around without getting it too wrinkled. I figured out there is a slide on clip to help push it out of the way. There are also two push clips near the edge of the plastic dash trim. I tried to pry on those lightly but gave up because I did not want to rip the felt and tear it up. If you raise your steering wheel all the way up you can push the cord down with one hand between the steering wheel column and plastic dash and feel for the connectors through one of the holes in the trim. I ran my cable above some other cables that I could see and the PC cable is able to move freely and is not hung up on anything.

Also the stock pedal clip was a little hard to disconnect, it’s just an awkward position with your hands. Just make sure you have the red push tab pushed all the way open and slowly apply force to get it off.

I haven’t mounted the device yet because I haven’t decided where I want it. I like the Bluetooth capability and keeping the device hidden but also like quickly pressing the buttons on the device if it is right there especially if my phone is in the wireless charging tray. The other consideration is turning the PC off and hiding it for dealer visits. Yes you can just take out the whole cable and device, but there were the two parts of the install that were a PITA… to do that for each dealer visit would be annoying. Taking it out would be the easy part reinstalling the annoying part.

I think my two options are below the start button or on the silver trim piece next to climate and radio controls. If there was the option for the wire on the other side of the device the flat spot for where the OEM trailer brake controller would work. Otherwise you don’t want it upside down or wrapping the cord around and over the top.

IMG_4974.jpeg

IMG_4975.jpeg

IMG_4976.jpeg

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine is hidden behind the center console just right off the go faster pedal. I use the app to change settings as needed, as in, sitting at a red light beside a possible redlight challenge.

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured out how to run the cable like @JohnnyFamous . Also a youtuber than ran the same way. Not sure if I want to velcro it or just leave it in the cubby. Still kind of hidden and quick access if you need to press the buttons.

I haven't left City +- 0 yet. Already a huge difference. Those who are skeptical this is real. Like one of the other posters said the throttle response and the acceleration just feels way more smooth. It feels like the engine isn't lagging, then overcompensating to match your throttle input. With the PC the throttle response and reaction from the engine just feels so much smoother.

djensen9367

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put the shift power on my 22 suburban, really nice unit, very small module and lots of settings done by phone. Much cheaper than the above units and works fantastic.

Kronix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After about 2 months of research, I bit the bullet & ordered a PC for my 2012 Silverado. I got it for $45 off, so I figured what the h*ll, worse come to worse, it has a warranty so if I don’t like it, i can always send it back.

I’ll give an honest, straight up review on install & it’s performance.

Hummin24

Reaction score
After about 2 months of research, I bit the bullet & ordered a PC for my 2012 Silverado. I got it for $45 off, so I figured what the h*ll, worse come to worse, it has a warranty so if I don’t like it, i can always send it back.

I’ll give an honest, straight up review on install & it’s performance.
What are you doing in the 21+ tahoe group?
The entire purpose of this group is to narrow threads to specific vehicles. That being said the pedal commander is exactly whats its described as and nothing else.