Passlock troubleshooting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prostreethotrods

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have a 2000 yukon xl, and lately, and only in the cold weather i run into a problem with a no start,,,,wait for 10-15 mins and then it restarts, drive it for 10-15 mins and then the security light comes on, but only in the winter , never in the summertime...

what can it be...ignition switch...sensor in the steering column housing, wiring leading to or away from the sensor, or other electronic issues...

also the gauge cluster, where the shift indicater and odometer,,seems to flicker,off and on,,cut out and come back,,i push in the trip odometer needle and it seems to correct itself.... but not at the same time as the other issue

thx roger

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
For the second one, it sounds like your gauge cluster is getting old and may need a replacement. As for your starting problem...you might wanna ask over in the 2000-2006 section if you haven't already. Hope things work out. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700