Passive Keyless Entry/ Open addition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CEaster84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Can passive keyless entry/ open be added to a 2019 Sierra or Yukon XL/ Suburban? My LTE has auto door locks but doesn’t have the passive entry feature.

My last car had that feature where the fob was in my pocket and would sense when I was near and pressing the button on the handle would unlock the car. I would like to keep it OEM if possible and I know the door handles would have to be swapped. I'm just not sure if the wiring is already present within the doors and the software will recognize the addition. Thanks for any and all help!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Can passive keyless entry/ open be added to a 2019 Sierra or Yukon XL/ Suburban? My LTE has auto door locks but doesn’t have the passive entry feature.

My last car had that feature where the fob was in my pocket and would sense when I was near and pressing the button on the handle would unlock the car. I would like to keep it OEM if possible and I know the door handles would have to be swapped. I'm just not sure if the wiring is already present within the doors and the software will recognize the addition. Thanks for any and all help!

Welcome to the forum Chad. What are you driving and what is its trim level? A '19 Sierra is on a different platform/generation compared with a '19 Yukon.

There's a fella (Rene) on this forum with access to such information directly if you provide the last 8 digits of your VIN. @915_Tahoe

OP
OP
C

CEaster84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Chad. What are you driving and what is its trim level? A '19 Sierra is on a different platform/generation compared with a '19 Yukon.

There's a fella (Rene) on this forum with access to such information directly if you provide the last 8 digits of your VIN. @915_Tahoe

Hi Swath, and thank you for the fast reply! I’m actually new to GMC and now driving the Yukon XL. I’ve had a Silverado and Suburbans in the past and know some parts were interchangeable.

Thank you for putting me in touch with Rene. I’ll reach out to him in the morning.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Swath, and thank you for the fast reply! I’m actually new to GMC and now driving the Yukon XL. I’ve had a Silverado and Suburbans in the past and know some parts were interchangeable.

Thank you for putting me in touch with Rene. I’ll reach out to him in the morning.

You're welcome. I'm not familiar with the latest two generations but in the ones from 2000-2014 the RPO code AP8 was your indicator of being able to get remotes to lock/unlock the doors and have remote start. AP3 meant it already had that capability.

ImMikeLowry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is the a feature than can be added?
I own a 2018 Tahoe LT with remote start, but w/o the passive entry option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10