Passenger door open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Summer b

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 08 yukon. My info center tells me that my passenger door is open. When in fact it is not. I know this because I got out 3 times to open and close the door myself. (maybe my daughter just wasn't closing it hard enough). What's the deal with this? Has anyone else dealt with this? If so how did you fix it? I'm tired of hearing the warning chimes every 5 minutes. And It prevents me from setting the alarm when I lock it.
Oh, the Interior lights do not stay on after exiting and locking doors.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 yukon. My info center tells me that my passenger door is open. When in fact it is not. I know this because I got out 3 times to open and close the door myself. (maybe my daughter just wasn't closing it hard enough). What's the deal with this? Has anyone else dealt with this? If so how did you fix it? I'm tired of hearing the warning chimes every 5 minutes. And It prevents me from setting the alarm when I lock it.
Oh, the Interior lights do not stay on after exiting and locking doors.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Welcome to TYF! The switch that tells the BCU that the door is in fact closed is built into the latching mechanism. My humble guess is that that's your problem. You can: 1/ Replace the mechanism in the hope that I'm right and it will fix the issue. 2/ Remove the mechanism and try to clean it with electrical contacts cleaner. 3/ Find someone with a Tech 2 scanner to perform a proper diagnosis and confirm before replacing the parts.

OP
OP
Summer b

Summer b

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to TYF! The switch that tells the BCU that the door is in fact closed is built into the latching mechanism. My humble guess is that that's your problem. You can: 1/ Replace the mechanism in the hope that I'm right and it will fix the issue. 2/ Remove the mechanism and try to clean it with electrical contacts cleaner. 3/ Find someone with a Tech 2 scanner to perform a proper diagnosis and confirm before replacing the parts.
Thanks for the feedback! I will definitely start with the 3rd option first and work backwards from there.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

+1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2