Passenger Airbag/passenger sensing System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a problem with the passenger airbag not deploying. I can see in the INSIDE mirror above whether the passenger airbag is activated or not. In my case, it remains deactivated despite the seat being occupied. I know that from German cars. There is a seat occupancy mat in the seat that recognizes whether someone is sitting in the front passenger seat and only then shows the seat belt sign or activates the front passenger airbag.

It's also the case for me that the Escalate doesn't warn you if you're sitting in the front passenger seat and don't buckle your seat belt.

So I'm assuming that might be the cause. I looked in the manual, there is a "passenger sensing system", but it doesn't describe exactly how it works.

But I suspect that there is such a seat occupancy mat. I don't know if this is the correct english description.

Has anyone ever had problems with it, or know how to check, or fix it?

Merry christmas from Germany

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe this helps, Ralf:

OP
OP
nonickatall

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe this helps, Ralf:

Thank you very much.

It was my fault.. I didn't understand the system.

My mirror is the Canadian version, which GM obviously used as well for Europe. And there is the symbol active when the passenger seat is used. I checked it today and it works like it should.

So another case of "read the fu.. manual"...

:rolleyes::cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10