Parts for lifting my 1997 Yukon 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jesse G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have bee looking around and to lift my truck 4" in the front, I would need new torsion keys, diff drop and shock extenders, please correct me if I'm wrong about that. Now for the rear I have seen either blocks and longer shackles or add a leaf but that's all I have found for the rear. Is that all I need for the rear? What about shock extenders for the rear or anything else like that.

Thanks guys.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
something like that but you would be getting a specific fit kit. rough country, skyjacker and rancho make some of the kit around.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do not try and find the parts, buy a kit and ensure the parts are all there. Keys remain stock at that point

OP
OP
J

Jesse G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
unfortunatly I am on a really low budget. That is why I am here, if I had the money I would get one but I don't. I just want to know what comes with lifting the rear. Even in the kits, I don't see anything other than the blocks. So wouldn't need anything else for the rear?

OP
OP
J

Jesse G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the rear right now is just about 1.75" lower than the front. I am looking to raise the whole truck 4" in the front and 6" in the rear. I have found that I will have to buy longer shocks for the rear because there are no extenders. Do you know what length, collapsed and extended I would need for the extra 6" I am looking to do in the back? ohh and in addition to the blocks and longer shock, is there anything else I will need to get longer or will need to be replaced? My plan to begin with was to add a leaf to level it then a block to raise it, what do you think?

OP
OP
J

Jesse G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In total, here is what I am looking at right now, please tell me if there is anything I am missing or if there is something I don't need:
Front:
4" torsion keys
4" shock extenders
4" diff drop

Rear:
add-a-leaf 1.5-2"
4" block w/ longer shackles
Longer shocks (still don't know what length I need though)

Thank you for all your help and time on this matter.

btw, I can only afford to buy a piece here and there, there is no way I could afford a full kit, even though I would like that, but I just can't. thanks again

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
the lift makers likely know those measurements i don't. exactly what are you trying to level with add-a-leaf? don't use add-a-leaf to fix a worn spring pack. the only things left for a rear raise is a longer brake line and maybe a drive shaft lengthened.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
there are no 4" keys doing that kind of lift involves new special arms, joints, drop brackets for arm, diff drop and so on. sorry but you will likely just need to save money to get it done.

OP
OP
J

Jesse G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I saw it on eBay, the 4" using torsion keys but I think only a 3" lift will be better. With that in mind, is anything missing from my list? As for the spring pack, how do I know if it is bad? What I do know is the rear is almost 2" lower than the front. The truck is old and has about 180,000 miles so I think I should replace it too, yea? the bummer is I just put new oem Monroe's sensatraks on it a few months ago before I wanted to lift it lol