Part number for seat heater element? NOS or aftermarket better?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Martinjmpr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My driver's heated seat hasn't worked since I bought the truck in 2015. Now I'm looking to get it fixed. Someone has offered me, free of charge, a heating element for a GM truck. The part number is #12475772.

I can't seem to find out whether this will work or not. There is an Ebay link to that part number that says it goes to a 1999 - 2000 Escalade, wouldn't that be a GMT400 truck rather than a GMT800?

Also, assuming that both the back and bottom cushion elements are shot, I'm assuming this would only replace one of those and that I'd still have to buy the other one separately?

Finally, given that this is a NOS GM part, would I be better off buying a brand new aftermarket part? Have they improved the construction of these heating pads so that they are less likely to break wires and stop working? I'd like for my heated seats to work for as long as possible.

Free is always nice, of course, but I only want to have to do this heater replacement once. If it would make more sense for me to shell out the cash to buy a new, better constructed element then I'd rather do that than get a "free" one that is likely to fail over the next year.

Thanks in advance!

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
My driver's heated seat hasn't worked since I bought the truck in 2015. Now I'm looking to get it fixed. Someone has offered me, free of charge, a heating element for a GM truck. The part number is #12475772.

I can't seem to find out whether this will work or not. There is an Ebay link to that part number that says it goes to a 1999 - 2000 Escalade, wouldn't that be a GMT400 truck rather than a GMT800?

Also, assuming that both the back and bottom cushion elements are shot, I'm assuming this would only replace one of those and that I'd still have to buy the other one separately?

Finally, given that this is a NOS GM part, would I be better off buying a brand new aftermarket part? Have they improved the construction of these heating pads so that they are less likely to break wires and stop working? I'd like for my heated seats to work for as long as possible.

Free is always nice, of course, but I only want to have to do this heater replacement once. If it would make more sense for me to shell out the cash to buy a new, better constructed element then I'd rather do that than get a "free" one that is likely to fail over the next year.

Thanks in advance!
As far as i know that will not fit im assuming you have a 04 suburban.Make sure before you buy anything that the heating elements are bad ohm resistance if i remember are between 1.5-5 ohms.When i checked mine the lower failed i replaced and it still didnt work i rechecked the top one and had to sit in it and it went out of specs-wires touching each other.https://www.theseatshop.com/store/accessories/ I would go to the seat shop for parts.

OP
OP
Martinjmpr

Martinjmpr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as i know that will not fit im assuming you have a 04 suburban.Make sure before you buy anything that the heating elements are bad ohm resistance if i remember are between 1.5-5 ohms.When i checked mine the lower failed i replaced and it still didnt work i rechecked the top one and had to sit in it and it went out of specs-wires touching each other.https://www.theseatshop.com/store/accessories/ I would go to the seat shop for parts.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Well, it was nice of the guy to offer. In any case, I think I'll bite the bullet and get the seat heaters from The Seat Shop (can buy through Amazon) and have them installed early next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n