Parrot Bluetooth kits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
has anyone install one in their ride? I have a non bose system but not looking to shell out a G note for a All in one audio unit. I know if you plug in using the aux port, the sound quality is weaker than normal radio or cd. Id really hate to hook a parrot kit up that can stream from your phone or ipod only to have the same quality of the aux port.

parrot_mki9200__.jpg

rmilanov

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the MKi9200 installed. I use it almost exclusively with bluetooth for calling and for listening to podcasts.

I have the Bose setup in my car and had to get one of those wiring/amp kits. Install was straightforward although it was a bit of a pain to stash the boxes in the dash. I get a bit of alternator whine but not enough to make me really want to rip everything out again.

I thought I would like the screen a lot better than I did... other than seeing callerID or settings, it's not much use... If you listen to USB music or SD, I'm sure it's handier.

Overall, it's a nice kit and they update it regularly with updates to primarily support the iPhone. Would I get another one? Probably not a MKi9200 again as some of the extras aren't worth it in my case.

Faceplant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The aux port in my bose system sounds as good as the radio, and twice as good as the AD2P streaming over bluetooth. I got a bluefusion on Amazon for $50 and it works great for calls, and while the sound quality is ok for listening to podcasts, I always plug into the aux for music.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeSexingStick