Park assist Retro. Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tinbadtin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Purchased 22 in April of 22, retro goes in tomorrow

What was the process of scheduling? When I called the dealer they said they couldn’t order the parts even though I received the recall notice. They said they put in the order anyway and will let me know when they arrive. Sounds like they have no idea what they’re doing, they never even heard of the parking assist retrofit!!

DxOCD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What was the process of scheduling? When I called the dealer they said they couldn’t order the parts even though I received the recall notice. They said they put in the order anyway and will let me know when they arrive. Sounds like they have no idea what they’re doing, they never even heard of the parking assist retrofit!!
I called and service advisor said yes it is available. He went to parts and ordered it. Dropped off today at 1230 and installed. Picked it up at 5

Attachments

• 71149510043__81E3E111-2F1C-49ED-87A2-0CBFD9CD94C8.jpeg
    71149510043__81E3E111-2F1C-49ED-87A2-0CBFD9CD94C8.jpeg
    158.5 KB · Views: 15

Tinbadtin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got mine done yesterday as well. I guess the parts came in quickly. Also surprised with the number of modules they had to reprogram to make it work…

Now that I have it, is there any way to turn the park assist up? It’s going from
1 short beep to a long beep when you’re about to hit something with nothing in between. Is that normal? I guess I forgot what Gm park assist is like but in both our BMW and Toyota there’s a constant beep that becomes more frequent the closer you get to an object…

Crzylgs

Reaction score
Got mine done yesterday as well. I guess the parts came in quickly. Also surprised with the number of modules they had to reprogram to make it work…

Now that I have it, is there any way to turn the park assist up? It’s going from
1 short beep to a long beep when you’re about to hit something with nothing in between. Is that normal? I guess I forgot what Gm park assist is like but in both our BMW and Toyota there’s a constant beep that becomes more frequent the closer you get to an object…
What modules did they need to reprogram? I am still waiting for the parts to arrive at the dealership.

SmokeyJoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got a notice via ONSTAR that the recall was ready. Called the dealer and they said they would order the parts and it would take 7-10 business days to get it in. They are supposed to let me know when they get it and then we'll setup a visit. Supposed to take about 6 hours to gt it done.

OP
OP
Billy Ray

Billy Ray

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I called and service advisor said yes it is available. He went to parts and ordered it. Dropped off today at 1230 and installed. Picked it up at 5
I got a notice via ONSTAR that the recall was ready. Called the dealer and they said they would order the parts and it would take 7-10 business days to get it in. They are supposed to let me know when they get it and then we'll setup a visit. Supposed to take about 6 hours to gt it done.
Awesome , finally about time
I ordered last Tu. 18th.and received a call Thu. 20th. My Appt is in the morn.
Hope all goes well and also covers the reverse emer. Breaking.

DxOCD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Technician did not reinstall my rear trim correctly, ugh. Now have to go back in. Not overly impressed with the feature. Doesn’t seem very responsive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n