Painting the rim of a parking light housing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mikeykey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still need to paint the screws heads on the parking lights and order LED bulbs to fill the corners.

I have my billet inserts off as well because the paint is flaking off and im debating having them powder coated all black instead of chrome and black. What do you guys think. I'm "murdering" it out, so im thinking i might just keep the bow tie chrome and everything else black.

Next project.....taking off them bumpers and powder coating those black too!

tahoe028.gif

tahoe029.gif

tahoe027.gif

you can see the scrape I was previously talking about. Thinking about it now, I should have used my drill press and not tried to free hand it.

tahoe030.gif

The billet inserts. from this pic, it looks ok but not the next pic.

tahoe031.gif

tahoe032.gif

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
looks really good. keep up the good work.. youll have to get some nite shots with your camera and truck soon too. How did those headlights go in? after redoing mine, i notice peoples headlights are always cocked up and down side to side.. yours look good tho.. the adjusters and shit always strip on them, but yours dont look to bad!
bumpers would look **** powdercoated!
PS> id take that bug deflector off : )

OP
OP
M

mikeykey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my old headlights adjustments stripped out too. I spent a lot of time aligning these. I must have put on and taken off the grill 100 times.

Night shots for sure in the near future. I like it due to the fact that it makes it look really clean.

OP
OP
M

mikeykey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wheres the best place to find black rims online? I'm not specifically looking to buy online, but want to look and find the style i want?

All I keep finding is American Racing. maybe I'll start a new thread....

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
LoL they have been in. Did you want a picture, I think I have a couple of mine.

roadrageror

ROADRAGEROR
Reaction score
Looks good. I'm doing a 98 conversion on my girlfriends 88 chev tomorrow, got the whole kit from c/k resto. Hope it looks that nice. I'll throw up a before/after pic when done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdadair

Latest posts