Painting the Dash/Bezel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
I want to paint my dash and bezel the same color as my tahoe

How would I go about doing this?
Sand it down so theres no more texture and do some primer, then a few coats, wet sanding, few more coats with some clear on top?

Obviously thats a pretty rough outline but is that some what correct?

snowman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's how i done mine besides after sanding and cleaning it i used duplicolor adhesion promoter before i started primer

OP
OP
thehoe92

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
okay cool I was just worried that when I sanded the texture off the plastic would be too brittle and any flex would just crack or chip the paint but I think I'll try it and see how it goes

OP
OP
thehoe92

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
nah thats too much purple haha
how good are you at painting chris?

I'll pay you to do a clean ass pinstripe around my bezel in purple or maybe purple in the grooves... something subtle

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
um im not much of a pin stripper
mainly my expertises is a rattle can! LOL

dude how u do like the drop on my ass end check the sig!

Reaction score
Sand it all the way off i made the mistake of only sanding some of mine off and ended up spending way too much time priming and sanding

OP
OP
thehoe92

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
so just lots of prep time and it will come out fine

anyone have any pictures of there whole dash and bezel painted since I know you just did your bezel killer

oh and chris I'm trying to contain my hate for you being lower :)
if you aren't doing anything tomorrow, if I get the okay from max I'm pulling the shocks and letting my ass sit on the springs to see if it gets any lower, swing on by I want to see that low hoe :D

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ me too! i want to paint it blacl. i think you need to test the waters and do a write up kelly