Painting Seats?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
Just found this video..
[yt]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l5GcKy0rv50&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l5GcKy0rv50&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/yt]

been wondering about a product like this..
anyone try it?

what do you guys think?
worth a shot?

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
HMMMM...If that shir rubs off over time or when it gets wet....your going to hate your life. I say try it on a spare 3rd row chair and see how it holds up before you use it on your real seats. I wish it could turn my leather seats black to have an interior like BOSS!

YOUTUBE COMMENTS:

payaso401
1 year ago 12

PLEASE READ THIS!!.
if you attempt to be like the retard in the video DO NOT PAINT YOUR CARPET OR SEATS IT LOOKS VERY TAKY IN REAL LIFE.I KNOW SOMEONE WHO PAINTED HIS CARPET AND ONCE ITS DONE DRYING THE CARPET BECOMES HARD LIKE A PLASTIC FROM THE PAINT. I CAN ONLY IMAGINE THE SEATS DO THE SAME THING. ONCE AGAIN DO NOT PAINT FABRICS ITS A VERY VERY CHEAP AND TAKY WAY TO CHANGE THE COLOR BUT ITS A VERY BAD IDEA.

DarthKuske
11 months ago 7

It's true, my buddy bought some of this stuff and when he had finished painting the "WHOLE" interior it looked like total crap. On top of that, after about 4 hours of drying it had completely hardened to almost a plasticky texture. DO NOT DO THIS TO YOUR CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is a very poor substitution to just getting the interior redone

OP
OP
thehoe92

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
well after watching that video, in the side was a duplicolor video

they have some fabric and vinyl paint that I want to try out

if it gets messed up some how it will just be more motivation for me to get my black leather, black suede seats :)

Boomer73

Boom Boom
Reaction score
This is a terrible idea. There really aren't any short cuts when it comes to satisfactory results with seat covers. Don't waste your time with this. Get a set of seat covers from Katzkin, Pecca, or Roadwire and save money by installing them yourself.

-B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iasylum

Latest posts