painting interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigblkho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
has anyone painted there interior? i started painting mine but it started coming off what should i do?

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
my suede is peeling off the carpeted area at the bottom of the front doors. what if the carpet was trimmed down as low as possible and then spraypainted? anyone done anything like that?

OP
OP
B

bigblkho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i cleaned the plastic then painted. i thought it would mess it up if i sanded it. so how should i paint it and what paint did you use? also has anyone used interior paint to do carpet or the seat?

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah, the paint needs a rough surface to adhere to. Make sure to thoroughly clean the plastic, sand it, clean again, use an adhesion promoter, then paint. I used duplicolor on mine about two years ago and it still looks fresh.

OP
OP
B

bigblkho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nah, the paint needs a rough surface to adhere to. Make sure to thoroughly clean the plastic, sand it, clean again, use an adhesion promoter, then paint. I used duplicolor on mine about two years ago and it still looks fresh.

what grit? did you use? and did you clear it?

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used 120 grit followed by...somewhere in between 220-250, and yes it is clear coated

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my suede is peeling off the carpeted area at the bottom of the front doors. what if the carpet was trimmed down as low as possible and then spraypainted? anyone done anything like that?

Long day and I'm a little trunk but I will try to answer your question. Did you cover the carpet with suede?

The carpet on the lower frnot door panels is heat mooolded into the door panel with a rubber like material as the backing. So if you want to take the carpet off completely, it's a helluva chore to get off. THAT is my suggestion, take the door off which is very easy, and start peeling off the carpet. Once you are done with that, then lay down your suede with a foam backing to **** it out a little, that will make it look more stock and ease your pain. Use some interior glue with a slightly lnoger curing time and make sure you stuff the suede into the crevices good and tight.

If you want to just paint the carpet, I think that would be a piece of cake.

B

OP
OP
B

bigblkho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
should i strip all the paint and restart or do you think it would stick on the paint thats on doors now? so has anyone used the paint to do the carpet or seats? they did it on the web site but they can say anything will work!!!!lol