painting has begun!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

riviera rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not bad if you plan on doing something like that in the future for just a short time period try using a single stage paint with flattening agent, you can put as much as u want it to make it fully flat or semi gloss. and you just lay it out wet and it drys flat! i paint cars for a living and shot a old mercury with the stuff didnt look to bad but if you do it make sure to put 3 coats on atleast!

but ya if anyone is looking to do a cheap paint for a nice look just for a short period of time before going the whole route and doing a custom paint. single stage paint works great! just try to stay away from metallic colors or colors with pearl in them, but a solid color like white/black/flat black/ red/ blue look great if you lay them out wet!!

OP
OP
C

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not bad if you plan on doing something like that in the future for just a short time period try using a single stage paint with flattening agent, you can put as much as u want it to make it fully flat or semi gloss. and you just lay it out wet and it drys flat! i paint cars for a living and shot a old mercury with the stuff didnt look to bad but if you do it make sure to put 3 coats on atleast!

but ya if anyone is looking to do a cheap paint for a nice look just for a short period of time before going the whole route and doing a custom paint. single stage paint works great! just try to stay away from metallic colors or colors with pearl in them, but a solid color like white/black/flat black/ red/ blue look great if you lay them out wet!!

alright thanks man! this was my first attempt at painting and i think it came out ok.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

i love a deep dark green :D

ya i think im gunna take it back to green eventually.

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

What size compressor tank did you use? and what grit paper were you using?

a 60 gallon, and i used different types of sand paper.

970Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you block the whole thing or use an orbital sander? I have a 50 gallon and want to paint mine, and wanted to see what you did......great results by the way

OP
OP
C

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i hand sanded the whole truck,
i tried different things i started with one fender to see if it would look ok then did the rest of the truck
take ur time and dont rush. some people say you just have to take the clear coat off then prime it then lay color. i took it down as far as i could.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog