Paint Gun(s) recommendation needed...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for recommendations for paint spray guns to do small DIY bodywork projects. My Tahoe doesn't need work but other family vehicles have some bruises that I would like to repair. I have a Makita 2HP portable contractor's compressor with 2.6-gallon tank rated at 130 PSI, and delivers 3.8 CFM at 40 psi and 3.3 CFM at 90 psi (Will this be sufficient?). I would like to purchase some gravity feed paint guns for auto primer/sealers and 2-part base/clearcoat finishes. I don't want to spend more than I need to to get good quality results on smaller type projects (bumpers, panels, spoilers, etc.) Any suggestions (brands/models) from experienced painters will be appreciated!

JayXSP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Iwata and Sata are your best bet...they're expensive but well worth the money. Coming from an autobody/painters background I've used and tested them all...cheapos to the best of the best.

If they're out of your price range then I'd go to your local paint supply place and see what they have to offer.

just my .02

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
sata man here :)

Painting stuff is and will always be expensive.

Edit: heres my babies.. Primer gun, Touch up gun, base coat, and clear gun

04gibbstahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Iwata and Sata are your best bet...they're expensive but well worth the money. Coming from an autobody/painters background I've used and tested them all...cheapos to the best of the best.

If they're out of your price range then I'd go to your local paint supply place and see what they have to offer.

just my .02

+1

drkhrse00

Reaction score
Iwata and Sata are the ones I spray with. Sata for color ands Iwata for clear. If you hit some of your local pawn shops you might be suprised at what you can score on the cheap. YOu can get rebuild kits from your local paint supplier.

Ceejkay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like the Iwatas as well. ive used many different guns and those are my favorite.. i even have a matching airbrush gun.. heres my gun
IMAG0216.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk