p0430 code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tribalbreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i get my truck back from diagnosis and finally solving the problem of my "random misfire".... now ive had the truck 2 days and i get a check engine light... scan the code, p0430 pops up. its bank 2 o2 sensor or something... could this be from all the misfire that there is some build up in the cat and now its all blowing through and causing the code to pop up? i cleared the code and it hasent come back yet... any ideas?

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the misfiring was bad enough and there was enough unburnt fuel, then yes, it can cause the cats and/or o2 sensors to go bad. If the SES light flashes while the engine is running, that means the misfires are bad enough to cause catalyst failure.

OP
OP
T

Tribalbreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the ses light flashed a few times through out the course of getting it diagnosed the first time... so i guess my question is, is the cat just full of unburnt fuel and needs to work all that shit through, or am i looking at cat converters? the other question i have is, is having this code going to effect my vehicle? when it came on the truck ran fine... i cleared it and it hasent come back... yet...

OP
OP
T

Tribalbreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i cleared the code tuesday night, and have been driving it fine with no light or problems.... so i guess im just waiting for the light to pop?

wade

Reaction score
I have this code currently, says its a cat.

I deleted it, came back in a day or so. Sucks.

but, i drove with the code on for 3 weeks, and as of 2 days ago, the code went away, no engine light.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia