P015B Check Engine Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mauricio Cardenas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What’s going on guys I bought my 2013 Tahoe ppv almost a year now and ever since I bought it I knew it had the P015B code popping up so my check engine light has always been on and sometimes it goes away for a day or two then comes back I recently changed out the upstream oxygen sensor that’s suppose to be the reason why it’s throwing that code and I reset the check engine light but it still came back even after putting a new oxygen sensor in does anybody know or ever had that problem with their Tahoe before?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What’s going on guys I bought my 2013 Tahoe ppv almost a year now and ever since I bought it I knew it had the P015B code popping up so my check engine light has always been on and sometimes it goes away for a day or two then comes back I recently changed out the upstream oxygen sensor that’s suppose to be the reason why it’s throwing that code and I reset the check engine light but it still came back even after putting a new oxygen sensor in does anybody know or ever had that problem with their Tahoe before?
You might have a intake leak or something causing a lean condition

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you think would have to be replaced the intake manifold if it was a intake leak or maybe some kind of vacuum leak?
you can test for a intake leak by spraying around the edges of the intake with starting fluid or brake cleaner etc and listen for any changes in the idle, generally though a intake leak would likely create a misfire which is a different code but it could still be part of the cause for it to run lean, another thing to check would be the fuel pressure, you can pick up a fuel pressure tester pretty cheap at most auto parts stores or harbor freight. @swathdiver may have more suggestions
if there is a intake leak unless the intake is damaged somehow then you would just replace the gasket, I think intake leaks are more common on the previous models pre 07

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

P015B is not a GM trouble code. Need to know the right one to try and help you out Mauricio. A GM code will have a letter followed by four numbers, like P0157. There may also be a symptom code as well if you have a good scan tool.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
P015B is not a GM trouble code. Need to know the right one to try and help you out Mauricio. A GM code will have a letter followed by four numbers, like P0157. There may also be a symptom code as well if you have a good scan tool.
could be his code reader can't really define the information and is giving the closest number

OP
OP
M

Mauricio Cardenas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yea I’ve already scanned it with three different scanners and I mean they arnt super high tech or anything but they all give the same code I’ll try and check for those intake and exhaust leaks today after work if not I’ll try to get one of those fuel pressure gauges to test that out thanks for all your input appreciate it!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea I’ve already scanned it with three different scanners and I mean they arnt super high tech or anything but they all give the same code I’ll try and check for those intake and exhaust leaks today after work if not I’ll try to get one of those fuel pressure gauges to test that out thanks for all your input appreciate it!
James may be right, you really need to just get a proper scan that will read the live 02 data, could be wiring or a short.

OP
OP
M

Mauricio Cardenas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok I’ll see if somebody I know might has a good scanner for chevys I was just trying to avoid having to go to a mechanic and being charged an arm and a leg just to tell me it’s the oxygen sensor when I already replaced it but I will look thank you guys again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan