P0101 + P0300 = ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

menusk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I got those two codes. It was my knock sensors. And my intake manifold gaskets. When my took my I take manifolds off. They had a lot of carbon buildup. The fuel Injectors were covered in carbon as well. Like chunks. So when the fuel injector sprayed. Fuel would leak incorrectly out of them and leak from the carbon buildup on the intake manifold. I cleaned those all up. On top of that. I made sure any section where air can come through was tight. The air intake screws. From the filter box. And the screw to the throttle body. Then I made sure my oxygen sensors were tight as well. I don’t. Know which step exactly helped. But the code has never come back. Hopefully this helps.

OP
OP
T

tlynch

Reaction score
When I got those two codes. It was my knock sensors. And my intake manifold gaskets. When my took my I take manifolds off. They had a lot of carbon buildup. The fuel Injectors were covered in carbon as well. Like chunks. So when the fuel injector sprayed. Fuel would leak incorrectly out of them and leak from the carbon buildup on the intake manifold. I cleaned those all up. On top of that. I made sure any section where air can come through was tight. The air intake screws. From the filter box. And the screw to the throttle body. Then I made sure my oxygen sensors were tight as well. I don’t. Know which step exactly helped. But the code has never come back. Hopefully this helps.

Thanks for the insight. I'll ask how the intake manifold looked when the shop was doing the work.

I'll look for places downstream from the MAF that may have any sort of a leak. I have considered replacing all of the rubber and plastic pieces in the intake path.

Monkeywrench78382

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Updates:

IAT reads at actual ambient temp.

I was able access misfire history. All cylinders had values at start up. Over 10-15 minutes running on my driveway, I saw increases in cylinders 3 (+16), 4 (+52) and 7 (+2).

Plugs and wires were replaced 5.5 years /23k miles ago. Throttle body was cleaned at the same time.

I have not yet started cleaning contacts or TB.
Are you getting a code for cat below threshold by chance? Pulse width changes like these would indicate a possible intake leak on 3 and 4 wider pulse width is the system trying to richen up. Vaccum leak at intake/heads it is advisable to do knocks and or dod if equipped.

OP
OP
T

tlynch

Reaction score
Are you getting a code for cat below threshold by chance? Pulse width changes like these would indicate a possible intake leak on 3 and 4 wider pulse width is the system trying to richen up. Vaccum leak at intake/heads it is advisable to do knocks and or dod if equipped.
Thanks for taking time to comment!

The only codes I have seen have been P0101 and P0300.

The intake manifold gaskets were just redone, and anti-knock sensors were replaced at the same time. Since then, the truck has run pretty smoothly. I have seen P0101 a couple of times (new AC Delco MAF a couple of months ago). No misfire code, but I have felt a couple of misfires. Nothing is racking up in the misfire history in the Torque app, though.

The shop that did the gaskets is a bit mystified. I assume the eventual explanation will include something that isn't common.

Thanks again for taking time.

Monkeywrench78382

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for taking time to comment!

The only codes I have seen have been P0101 and P0300.

The intake manifold gaskets were just redone, and anti-knock sensors were replaced at the same time. Since then, the truck has run pretty smoothly. I have seen P0101 a couple of times (new AC Delco MAF a couple of months ago). No misfire code, but I have felt a couple of misfires. Nothing is racking up in the misfire history in the Torque app, though.

The shop that did the gaskets is a bit mystified. I assume the eventual explanation will include something that isn't common.

Thanks again for taking time.
I would ohm test injectors pre start up and once closed loop is acheived

ks03

Fool Excess Member
Reaction score
Do you have an egr?
Inspected the intake tube? I’ve seen OE air intake tubes leak / cracked where the silencer section attaches.

OP
OP
T

tlynch

Reaction score
I would ohm test injectors pre start up and once closed loop is acheived
Quick question. The connectors look pretty well sealed down into the pigtail. Is the test while running done by piercing the wires?

I pulled all the connectors and tested while stopped. All of them metered between 12.5 and 12.9

OP
OP
T

tlynch

Reaction score
No problem.

I added in checking fuel pressure above. You can rent tools from autozone or O’Reilly’s to check it.

If you can, post your fuel trim numbers (short trim and long trim from both banks) so we can review them. It may help point us to the right direction. Take readings when the engine is cold and after it has reached operating temp.
You win imaginary internet bonus points!

After a mere 5-month delay, I finally got around to borrowing a fuel pressure gauge from Autozone and hooked it up today.
50 psi, ignition on
44 psi ignition off
50 psi engine running

Looks like a fuel pump in my future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas