Overwhelmed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JHDesigns

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Help! My 2008 Yukon Denali XL is seriously screwed up. I am somewhat mechanically inclined but I have to admit I have no idea where so start. Here’s the order of degredation; yesterday while driving along just fine, the “service stabibilitrak”, “ traction control off”, and “service suspension” lights all came on. At the same time the tranny shifted down to about 3rd I think, RPMs jumped up to about 3k as I was going about 40 MPH at the time. I slowed down to a crawl and pulled off the road as soon as I could. I shut the car off, waited about 5 minutes and restarted. It behaved for the rest of my commute to work. Later in the day on my way back home same thing happened only this time it would not go away even after letting the car sit off for a few minutes. I limped it home at about 25 MPH as not to run the RPMs too high and parked it in the driveway. I figured that I would hook up the scanner in the morning and check for a bad wheel speed sensor or TPS etc. This morning I attempted the start the car, scan the codes etc.... however now it won’t start at all. No clicking no cranking, nothing . Although, the voltage gauge shows 12 v and every other electrical accessory works just fine with the ignition in excessory position. ( except for the power lift gate, not sure if that is a related issue or not but it has always worked until now)So, the scanner cannot connect, the POS won’t start, and I need a drink. Help !

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Help! My 2008 Yukon Denali XL is seriously screwed up. I am somewhat mechanically inclined but I have to admit I have no idea where so start. Here’s the order of degredation; yesterday while driving along just fine, the “service stabibilitrak”, “ traction control off”, and “service suspension” lights all came on. At the same time the tranny shifted down to about 3rd I think, RPMs jumped up to about 3k as I was going about 40 MPH at the time. I slowed down to a crawl and pulled off the road as soon as I could. I shut the car off, waited about 5 minutes and restarted. It behaved for the rest of my commute to work. Later in the day on my way back home same thing happened only this time it would not go away even after letting the car sit off for a few minutes. I limped it home at about 25 MPH as not to run the RPMs too high and parked it in the driveway. I figured that I would hook up the scanner in the morning and check for a bad wheel speed sensor or TPS etc. This morning I attempted the start the car, scan the codes etc.... however now it won’t start at all. No clicking no cranking, nothing . Although, the voltage gauge shows 12 v and every other electrical accessory works just fine with the ignition in excessory position. ( except for the power lift gate, not sure if that is a related issue or not but it has always worked until now)So, the scanner cannot connect, the POS won’t start, and I need a drink. Help !

Wiggle your battery cables... they are known to corrode internally and cause all kinds of electrical issues.

shreksbrother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wiggle your battery cables... they are known to corrode internally and cause all kinds of electrical issues.
This.

I had a similar issue recently, and I could wiggle my ground cable at the battery terminal and it would operate normally again. I just replaced the ground cable Tuesday, so I don't know if the issue is resolved, but I've had no more symptoms!

Sent from my Galaxy Note9 using Tapatalk

domoarigato

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In addition to what was mentioned above, check that ground strap from the engine to the firewall. As those age they tend to fray and cause all sorts of weird electrical issues.

Cyclemoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had this happen on my 06 2500 Sub after going to a car wash. It ended up being a blown fuse

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No update and not a single other post. I thought you just needed “a” drink lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu