Ordering Yukon Timeline

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H2Rx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've never been this exhausted searching for a new vehicle. That being said, I finally found a 2021 Yukon SLT for MSRP (go figure, excited I found something for MSRP) but it's not specked as I would like it and I am feeling apprehensive about moving forward. It should be arriving next week. I want a 3.0 due to the gas mileage, the one that is available is the 5.3 also I know the 22 now has a new gauge/software upgrade. That being said, what is a realistic timeline if I order today to get delivered? My main needs are second-row bucket seats, with rear entertainment and 22's. Is it worth waiting for the 3.0 or pulling the trigger on the 5.3 without the new upgrades?

badreau

Reaction score
I've never been this exhausted searching for a new vehicle. That being said, I finally found a 2021 Yukon SLT for MSRP (go figure, excited I found something for MSRP) but it's not specked as I would like it and I am feeling apprehensive about moving forward. It should be arriving next week. I want a 3.0 due to the gas mileage, the one that is available is the 5.3 also I know the 22 now has a new gauge/software upgrade. That being said, what is a realistic timeline if I order today to get delivered? My main needs are second-row bucket seats, with rear entertainment and 22's. Is it worth waiting for the 3.0 or pulling the trigger on the 5.3 without the new upgrades?
My thoughts - when spending this amount of money, wait for exactly what you want unless you are in a major rush.
When I placed the order for my 2022 RST duramax in mid-Oct, I was told around end of Feb for arrival, so ~4.5months. Heard 16-20 weeks from a couple other dealers which is in line with that. I am hopeful it will be a bit quicker, because within a week or 2 of my order being placed it advanced to Status 3000 (accepted for production), and now I am just waiting on a Target Production Week (TPW).

Getting the updated gauge cluster is nice, and I don't like buying the first year of a new generation of vehicle.

Cliff-Yukon

Reaction score
Id say wait. I ordered mid Sept - have a TPW of 12/6…. Or now that GMC has both 21/22 on web search here - saw a few unsold in transit. Maybe you’ll get lucky and find one that checks all the boxes….

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925