Orbital Buffer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thumper_ehhhhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a expensive one years back. I paid about $100 for it. It lasted 3 years then crapped out. I ended up replacing it with a $24 cheap 10" multi orbit one 2 years back. It works just as good.

Chris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have no experience with a buffer of any kind then go for the porter cable 7424, relatively cheap and outstanding machine

dec322

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have no experience with a buffer of any kind then go for the porter cable 7424, relatively cheap and outstanding machine

I had one and it was great. Unfortunately the car was black and that just caused headaches. I want to buy another one for the yuk.

Chris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why was black a problem for you? My **' is black and it does just fine

Drgnblood

F%ck Douchebagistan!
Reaction score
if your looking for a pc7424 pretty cheap....go to cheapuncle.com and then type in what your looking for....i found one for 109$....thats the cheapest ive seen it anywhere online..

dec322

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why was black a problem for you? My **' is black and it does just fine

It had some swirls in it so I bought a pc with OC and OP. I spent 8 hrs on it...wash, clay, oc (orange pad) and op (black pad....I think) and topped it off with opti-seal. I slung polish everywhere (too much on the pad) and made a huge mess. I did it with the windows down and got polish in the car. I didn't break it down enough so when I got in full sun I almost puked.

It was rough because I had to do it all over again...one section at a time (I didn't have time to do the whole thing in one shot). I got better results the second time with op on an orange pad (I skipped the oc...overkill for my application). The worse thing is that I had to park it outside and I cringed every time it rained on my cobra. I decided to sell it (I only drove it once a week) and buy another one when I move into a house with a bigger garage. The I could detail it and enjoy all my hard work.

nc6600

ps trucks in drive
Reaction score
It had some swirls in it so I bought a pc with OC and OP. I spent 8 hrs on it...wash, clay, oc (orange pad) and op (black pad....I think) and topped it off with opti-seal. I slung polish everywhere (too much on the pad) and made a huge mess. I did it with the windows down and got polish in the car. I didn't break it down enough so when I got in full sun I almost puked.

It was rough because I had to do it all over again...one section at a time (I didn't have time to do the whole thing in one shot). I got better results the second time with op on an orange pad (I skipped the oc...overkill for my application). The worse thing is that I had to park it outside and I cringed every time it rained on my cobra. I decided to sell it (I only drove it once a week) and buy another one when I move into a house with a bigger garage. The I could detail it and enjoy all my hard work.
Make sure to take your time, i usually spend more than 1 day just with the PC on the Yukon and mine isn't even an XL.

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Before you even cut the buffer on spread your polish on your area, then start at a low speed to spread it around. Once you spread it around then you can crank it up.

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a Sears Craftsman 'cause it was cheap, fifty bucks. I've been very pleased.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buzarr

Latest posts